Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a simple but unique problem here.. I have filed my 189 visa through an agent..

As per his policies, he is not ready to give me my skillselect password - stating that he will hold it confidentially.. and all communication has to happen through him only..

I have filed my application on October 18th and got my CO allocated now...

I have been reading numerous posts on this forum about various status of the application like - "Referred", "Met", "Finalized" and so on..

But I dont have a clue in which link you guys are checking this - Are u check this on the skillselect link or is there a separate link to check these status..

Can somebody explain this process clearly to me- even though my application is in its last stage of processing- I am like a blind person in an unknown land...

Thanks guys.. as always..

S

·
0 Posts
You can't if you don't have the password but your agent has no right to withhold it from you. All communications from DIAC will still go to him as you named him your agent but demand it from him, you are paying him after all.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't if you don't have the password but your agent has no right to withhold it from you. All communications from DIAC will still go to him as you named him your agent but demand it from him, you are paying him after all.
Thanks for your reply shel.. But what I understood from reading the forums is - there are two separate ways to check visa status- one is from evisa page and the other is from skillselect page..

is that correct??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a simple but unique problem here.. I have filed my 189 visa through an agent..

As per his policies, he is not ready to give me my skillselect password - stating that he will hold it confidentially.. and all communication has to happen through him only..

I have been reading numerous posts on this forum about various status of the application like - "Referred", "Met", "Finalized" and so on..

But I dont have a clue in which link you guys are checking this - Are u check this on the skillselect link or is there a separate link to check these status..

Can somebody explain this process clearly to me- even though my application is in its last stage of processing- I am like a blind person in an unknown land...

I am in similar situation as yours, I have also applied through an agent and he is reluctant to give me the skillselect id and password, however he gave me my TRN to check status on the e-visa page.

now it is very frustrating to know the status of my meds as the visa as the e-visa page always shows an error, and i am worried and want to know if my meds were referred/met/ finalised.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I am in similar situation as yours, I have also applied through an agent and he is reluctant to give me the skillselect id and password, however he gave me my TRN to check status on the e-visa page.

now it is very frustrating to know the status of my meds as the visa as the e-visa page always shows an error, and i am worried and want to know if my meds were referred/met/ finalised.
Hi,

I have a doubt ( both Parul and Vinoth).

The agent is refusing to give you uid and password? how did you guys pay the visa fees? Did you just give your card details to agent?? or did he paid on your behalf and collected the money?

Yes the online Visa status is always giving same message Service temporarily unavailable...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi,

I have a doubt ( both Parul and Vinoth).

The agent is refusing to give you uid and password? how did you guys pay the visa fees? Did you just give your card details to agent?? or did he paid on your behalf and collected the money?

Yes the online Visa status is always giving same message Service temporarily unavailable...

Agent asked me to fill a form where I gave the credit card details and authorise him to deduct the visa application fees.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Agent asked me to fill a form where I gave the credit card details and authorise him to deduct the visa application fees.
Ohh so this explains the situation, You do not have any log in credentials and are only dependent on your agent to provide you updates..

Anxious times...

RK

·
Registered
146 Posts
My password is with Agent as well..
However there is a separate portal (can be accessed through IMMI[dot]GOV[dot]AU site) where we can check our progress.. here one doesn't need password..
all you need is
TRN (Transaction Reference No) Generated when one paid the fee (Agent knows that)
Date of Birth
Passport Number
Country of Passport

to check your status

·
Registered
173 Posts
My password is with Agent as well..
However there is a separate portal (can be accessed through IMMI[dot]GOV[dot]AU site) where we can check our progress.. here one doesn't need password..
all you need is
TRN (Transaction Reference No) Generated when one paid the fee (Agent knows that)
Date of Birth
Passport Number
Country of Passport

to check your status
thanks bukhari,, tried that link several times but it always shows error as i have mentioned before.

·
Registered
146 Posts
thanks bukhari,, tried that link several times but it always shows error as i have mentioned before.
are you sure you get the email from DIAC's CO? I will suggest now to check. One of my friends had experience with hoax agent from Australia..
You can ask the agent to show you portal and your case on DIAC's website if he is not agreed on giving you the password.. and inform him about the portal telling that it is for visa candidates who are applying through agent..

Bukhari.

·
Registered
173 Posts
are you sure you get the email from DIAC's CO? I will suggest now to check. One of my friends had experience with hoax agent from Australia..
You can ask the agent to show you portal and your case on DIAC's website if he is not agreed on giving you the password.. and inform him about the portal telling that it is for visa candidates who are applying through agent..

Bukhari.
No buddy the agent is genuine as they are MARA registered, and they have also sent me their conversation with my CO along with the TRN number, HAP Id and all other details but somehow they are reluctant to give skillselect id and pw, dont know why?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No buddy the agent is genuine as they are MARA registered, and they have also sent me their conversation with my CO along with the TRN number, HAP Id and all other details but somehow they are reluctant to give skillselect id and pw, dont know why?
The same is the case with my agent as well.. He says - "What if you go and modify the documents without our knowledge? As MARA registered agents, we will have to take responsibility for all our client's applications. So we cant take that risk."

So there is no arguing against this point.. What I have done is, I have asked him to share with me the screenshots of the medical status page..

Any other suggesstions guys???

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi guys,

Agent has got genuine point as they will not disclose the SKILL SELECT CREDENTIALS. but you can ask them about your TRN number and its your right.
As i understand you already got TRN # then you can check the progress of your Online application. ( https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa )
If you are facing some problem after entering correct details (as per your knowledge) then will you please share the ERROR text ?

cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agent has got genuine point as they will not disclose the SKILL SELECT CREDENTIALS. but you can ask them about your TRN number and its your right.
As i understand you already got TRN # then you can check the progress of your Online application. ( https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa )
If you are facing some problem after entering correct details (as per your knowledge) then will you please share the ERROR text ?

cheers
Thanks immiseeker for your reply.. I have been trying the above given link several times a day...

It always says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.". I have not been able to login to the site even once..

How about you guys..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks immiseeker for your reply.. I have been trying the above given link several times a day...

It always says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.". I have not been able to login to the site even once..

How about you guys..
Oh I am able to check my status even my visa was granted an year ago :) .
I duno why u r facing this issues because in case of INVALID credentials you should face invalid details error msg. :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
The same is the case with my agent as well.. He says - "What if you go and modify the documents without our knowledge? As MARA registered agents, we will have to take responsibility for all our client's applications. So we cant take that risk."

So there is no arguing against this point.. What I have done is, I have asked him to share with me the screenshots of the medical status page..

Any other suggesstions guys???
my agent had the same concern and hence did not give me the password, did your agent send you the screenshot? i guess i might ask my immi agent for the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive been trying since two days... and have been continuously trying after short durations. But I keep getting "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Has anyone else been able to login successfully?

·
Registered
457 Posts
sheetal said:
Ive been trying since two days... and have been continuously trying after short durations. But I keep getting "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Has anyone else been able to login successfully?
My guess is u r trying wrong link.
Try logging into skillselect then click continue a saved application.
I m easily able to login.

Hope this works

·
Registered
457 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts