Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few questions about my spouse visa extension. I am on maternity leave and my baby born in UK is eligible for British Passport (didn't apply yet), as I got confirmed earlier. I am not sure whether I can start working after the maternity leave completion.

Can I show 18,600 as my husband's earning though my baby is a dependent under him or do we have to add extra earnings for child as a dependent?

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you baby is British by birth, he does not get classed as a dependant. Does your husband have a British passport?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. My husband has ILR and has not applied for the British Passport. Is it remain same though?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry, no. I don't believe your child is eligible for a British passport. You will need to account for him as a dependant and meet the increased financial threshold. I am not sure what the increased amount is for 1 child, but a quick search on this forum should get you the answer. All the best.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, no. I don't believe your child is eligible for a British passport. You will need to account for him as a dependant and meet the increased financial threshold. I am not sure what the increased amount is for 1 child, but a quick search on this forum should get you the answer. All the best.
On what based you provide this information about child's eligibility for the passport. I have get cleared it earlier.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Glad you have got it cleared. My mistake , i didnt know children of ILR holders were eleigible for a British passport. All the best .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.