Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to rent a house in a village that already has WiFi Broadband Internet, but I am running an internet business and need a VERY FAST internet which is probabaly not available there. What is the solution? Is there some additional plan i can buy, some air card?

What's possible?

And what red flags to look for in the property or the area which hint to the fact that I will have internet problems?

Thank you.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Opt for a village near a major town is probably the best bet, but then the rent will probably be higher. I don't know where you are from, but internet is pretty good in France. I understand that you are only looking for a 6 month rental, I assume furnished (and equipped?) - if you are overseas you will probably have to book a holiday rental - but you may be able to get a reduced rate for a 6 month contract. You would have enormous difficulty getting a normal lease on a furnished rental from outside France.

There are lots of internet plans in France, and you could potentially rent a place that doesn't have a broadband connection and get it installed yourself - to do so is generally not expensive in France as long as you at least have a phone line (I wouldn't think too many villages with moderate rents would have fibre).

Why a village? Why not a small to moderate sized town?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts