Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Don't really know how to find the answer to my query on the forum, so I start a new thread... I am willing to throw myself on the Australian Job Market, as I am willing to do 'the move', but have no idea whether this will work.
Has anyone got useful tips on how to get the attention from overseas employers? Because it seems that your cv will not be looked at if you don't have your visa at first. I would like to inform myself first on how the job engine really works in (south) australia!
Anybody for help here? Much appreciated in advance!
christel, (who is a bit desperate sinds the recent visa changes for skilled visa)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Christel,

Well, to be able to work in Australia you either need to be sponsored by a relative/state/company or get Permanent Residency.

If you were thinking of the PR route, no company will consider you for any job until you actually have it.

To get sponsored by a company is very difficult, but not impossible. Have a look at job websites and see what's out there and blitz your resume to any and every company you can think of in the hopes they will sponsor you.

So, what are your plans visa-wise?

Dolly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Dolly,

Thanks for the advise! As my guessing also went in that direction you just posted, I will do so as you pointed out! I do hope that some employer out there would like to consider to be my 'sponsor' for a visa!!

As my profession (NATUROPATH/DIETICIAN) is not on the critical skills list, I won't be able to get my temporary (skilled migration type) visa before the end of 2012!
At this time I am waiting though for the outcome of my application for a State Sponsorship, but this is not really going to accellerate the procedure nowadays anymore...

That is how the odds are at this moment, perhaps in March next year we find out more about specific dates in this whole pathway...
That is why I am willing to explore other, quicker pathways: when anyone is experienced in this matter, it would be nice to find out.
Hopefully we do meet some people visiting this forum, that aren't all necessarily 'real' expats; so ON TO WORK then...

cheers, christel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts