Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi is the best way to make the first move to relocating to oz have a company do the work or could it be possible to apply yourself maybe saving money and still doing this at the same speed and success, any info would be apprecited, also is there a great deal of construction going on in oz as i am a plastering contractor (solid plasterer) and my partner is a hairdresser i have been told that going to sydney is out of the question as there is no need for anymore people to be there is this true thank you.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi jaiko,

You can go through an agent (company) or do it yourself depending on how complicated your case may be.

For us we used an agent since we would lose points for general migration if we didn't get it right first time (we had to apply before we were 40).

If you take a look through the sticky posts at the top of the forum they will help and there are also several threads on whether or not to use an agent if you do a search.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Some use an agent for the whole process, some use an agent just for help with the skills assessment, some do it all themselves.

It's a personal thing really. Depends on how much time and effort you are prepared to put in, and also more importantly (as Karen said) it will depend on if your application is a straight forward one.

We used an agent and TBH we wouldn't be here now if we didn't (long story).

Looks like you would be the main applicant as it has been reported that hairdressers are coming off the SOL.

Sorry but I know nothing about the construction industry and it's needs right now but why wouldn't Sydney want plasterers as much as say Melbourne, Perth, Darwin? Construction is going on all the time!

Dolly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much for the info i think i will use an agent i have time as i am only 30 yrs old but would rather get as quick as possible as it is pretty grim over here.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
thank you very much for the info i think i will use an agent i have time as i am only 30 yrs old but would rather get as quick as possible as it is pretty grim over here.
Using an agent won't speed up the process, other than they'll tell you what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts