Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have been reading through the forum looking for answers since my brother, who has been working overseas (Hong Kong), decided he wanted to return to the UK. He would like to bring his girlfriend over from Hong Kong with the intention of getting married and both settling down here ASAP. He is still in Hong Kong and will be returning at the end of December for good. He has a job waiting for him here and my parents have offered rent free accommodation for them both.

So my question is (as the title of the thread says): How soon, once he has come back, should his girlfriend apply for a fiancee visa? Should he settle down for x number of months and show a regular income from his new job before the application? I believe he has to supply 6 months of bank statements with the application. Should he wait until he has accumulated 6 months' worth of UK bank statements, or would his statements from Hong Kong count towards the 6 months period? Of course he would prefer if they didn't have to wait that long... but if that will give them a stronger case in the application...

Sorry to be so specific... Any advice would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all! I have been reading through the forum looking for answers since my brother, who has been working overseas (Hong Kong), decided he wanted to return to the UK. He would like to bring his girlfriend over from Hong Kong with the intention of getting married and both settling down here ASAP. He is still in Hong Kong and will be returning at the end of December for good. He has a job waiting for him here and my parents have offered rent free accommodation for them both.

So my question is (as the title of the thread says): How soon, once he has come back, should his girlfriend apply for a fiancee visa? Should he settle down for x number of months and show a regular income from his new job before the application? I believe he has to supply 6 months of bank statements with the application. Should he wait until he has accumulated 6 months' worth of UK bank statements, or would his statements from Hong Kong count towards the 6 months period? Of course he would prefer if they didn't have to wait that long... but if that will give them a stronger case in the application...

Sorry to be so specific... Any advice would be most appreciated!
From my understanding your brother's girlfnd is from hongkong and not british.It will be much easier for your brother to come to the UK together with his partner.It can be very tricky with the immigration process and if its a matter of proof to be able to keep her without recourse to public funds he must come back to work first for six months and then apply for her to come.Please check the UKBA site as rules change everyday.

tmash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.