Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just wondering how soon can the visa (189) be granted after getting the invitation if I didn't claim points from work experience?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you mean from the time the invitation to apply is sent to you, it depends from when you actually lodge your application by paying the applicable fee. You must apply within 60 days of receiving your invite, else your invite lapses. After you lodge your invite and submit your police certificate and your medicals, the time taken varies from a couple of weeks to a few months.

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
Hi guys,
Just wondering how soon can the visa (189) be granted after getting the invitation if I didn't claim points from work experience?

The processing time depends on the quality of documents submitted by you
If they are complete in all respects and the CO is satisfied with all your claims, it can be fast
If he has to get them verified. Then there will be a delay

The current estimate is nearly 8-11 months after paying the visa fees and uploading all documents

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you mean from the time the invitation to apply is sent to you, it depends from when you actually lodge your application by paying the applicable fee. You must apply within 60 days of receiving your invite, else your invite lapses. After you lodge your invite and submit your police certificate and your medicals, the time taken varies from a couple of weeks to a few months.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah sorry. I meant the time I lodged the application. Can it be as quick as a few weeks now? or just like what newbienz said roughly 8-11 months?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The processing time depends on the quality of documents submitted by you
If they are complete in all respects and the CO is satisfied with all your claims, it can be fast
If he has to get them verified. Then there will be a delay

The current estimate is nearly 8-11 months after paying the visa fees and uploading all documents

Cheers
Thanks for your information. 8-11 months for those who are asked to provide additional documents or for all generally? Is the waiting period increased lately or it has always been this long?

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
Thanks for your information. 8-11 months for those who are asked to provide additional documents or for all generally? Is the waiting period increased lately or it has always been this long?
Members have reported getting it as fast as 2 weeks and on the other hand members have waited for 18 months also

Till a few months back the average time was 4/5 months but recently I think they have reduced the manpower and also increased the level of checks so due to the double whammy it looks like the wait is going to be more

The most important criteria as I said earlier is the quality of the documents you submit.
Try to ensure that your documents are complete in all respect and the CO is satisfied with all the claims that you have made in the EOI and during skills assessment

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Members have reported getting it as fast as 2 weeks and on the other hand members have waited for 18 months also

Till a few months back the average time was 4/5 months but recently I think they have reduced the manpower and also increased the level of checks so due to the double whammy it looks like the wait is going to be more

The most important criteria as I said earlier is the quality of the documents you submit.
Try to ensure that your documents are complete in all respect and the CO is satisfied with all the claims that you have made in the EOI and during skills assessment

Cheers
Thank you very much mate :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts