Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking for the average time taken recently for people to get PR from the point of EOI.
I am expecting ACS results at the end of this month , after which I would file EOI....and would like get some idea on time taken from this point forward....thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks arvind, with 65, how much time to get invite after EOI...so if i file EOI in october last week with 189 with 65 points, can i expect PR in Feb....i am thinking of changing roles within my company and want to see if that really makes sense at this time...if it is ~6 months or more, i would switch roles else i would continue.....(really hate my current job role. :))

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
thanks arvind, with 65, how much time to get invite after EOI...so if i file EOI in october last week with 189 with 65 points, can i expect PR in Feb....i am thinking of changing roles within my company and want to see if that really makes sense at this time...if it is ~6 months or more, i would switch roles else i would continue.....(really hate my current job role. :))
Hi friend,

Receiving invite is based on various factors such as your overall points scores, occupation, competition for your occupation, number of better scorers under your occupation, etc.

If your occupation is there in list of 6 occupations, then, you may get it with some delays whereas if yours is exempted from this list, you will be on safe side and can expect the invitation in couple of rounds itself.

PR processing following the invitation varies actually from one person to another, one occupation to other, one case officer to another, availability of case officer, documentation to support your claims etc. If your documentation is strong enough to elucidate your experience, then after invite, it may take about 2-3 months. Again, it fluctuates among manifold job profiles. But, these dayas, visas are processed rapidly than in past, for sure.

Could you let us know your occupation, code, date of EOI lodging, etc?

All the best,

Sathiya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts