Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the fiance visa, I am wondering how much I should write to introduce ourselves and our relationship. We are getting married in Scotland. If I could have it my way I'd write a book,but that's probably not for the best. :p

Can anyone give me advice for how much they'd put on their application?

·
Registered
38,934 Posts
One or two sides of A4 maximum or 1,000 words. Just describe briefly your relationship history, significant events, what you think will make your relationship special and durable such as common interests, shared beliefs and compatibility. Write a little about why you have chosen UK as place of settlement, and any other factors which you'd like to explain, such as why you haven't been able to see each other as much as you liked because of pressure of work. Both letters should be original, not copied from each other but should broadly agree.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goodness thank you. Do we both have to write something? I guess that makes sense. For some reason I thought it was just me since I'm doing the visa application. Though I guess he's supporting me legally so he should write his own too.

If anyone has any other advice about this I'd love to hear it, I'm not "new" to the idea of filling out the visa, but I am not going to be doing it until a little later this year, and I'm worried to miss something!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! :) I'll keep it in mind

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.