Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

Could any one give me a brief idea for how much AUD i need to have to start a living for 2 adults in Adelaide. Me and my OH are planning to to validate our 176 visa to SA in Feb. What will be the initial costs once i get a job.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Arch

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi

if u check the cost of living thread, (its in the sticky threads), u will get an idea about the cost.

also, check out the cost of rentals, car prices, and everything that u feel u need initially to figure out the cost.

I read somewehre, in one of the govt. websites, the cost of living for a student per month (backpacker) is approximately 1200A$ per month.

I know a few people who took just 6000A$ with them when they went and were comfortable but that time the jobs were easy to find but looking at the current situation 15000 is good per person for approximately 6-8 months without work.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
jamil, your main expense would be
1. Rental/accommodation
2. Food/Grocery
3. Internet/Phone
4. Travel-Public transportation/Your own vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you please tell me what is your profession and is your visa already granted?
Hi Jamil,

I'am an Architect and my OH is into Trading business of his own in China. Yes we got our PR State Sponsor Visa to Oz this July. Will come to Oz to validate in Feb.

I am working in China as well. Need to look out for the job in Adelaide.

Can you guide me on this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dear friends,

Could any one give me a brief idea for how much AUD i need to have to start a living for 2 adults in Adelaide. Me and my OH are planning to to validate our 176 visa to SA in Feb. What will be the initial costs once i get a job.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Arch
This may not be of use but I'll throw it out there anyway: I'm looking into state sponsorship in WA and have been in contact with them to ask the very smae question you've asked. Their response was that for a family of three we would require to have funds totalling $30-35k, which is equivelant to about £18,000 I think. The funds can be in savings, home equity or even shares equity so long as you can prove it's available.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
according to them u need 20k main applicant and 10k for every dependant. this can keep you going for 6-10 months. as i said before. this is the criteria for every state. some hv 30k for main applicant and 5 for every dependant, others it is 20k and 10k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts