Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have been offered work in Abu Dhabi. I would be paid 4500 AED per week. I would have accommodation paid for and transport to and from work which is a half hour away from the apartment. The apartment is nice and comfortable and has tv and internet. I know whats involved in the work and the hours and have no problem with it. I would want to go out a night or two every week and probably get involved in a sports club. Would 4500 a week be more than enough to live on considering all the above? Thanks

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Do a search on the forum to get a rough estimate of costs of going out.

You will have no bills to pay. Seems very silly to ask if 4500 a week is good enough when you will find people are asking if near that is enough for a month. You will be fine.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Its not a stupid question. Do not mean to sound harsh.

Its just there are a number of threads that pop up on a weekly basis. There are loads of threads that discuss eating out, going out, costs of items, etc. Do a search for gyms and you will find threads about the cost of joining one of those as well. Search truly is ones friend. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Its not a stupid question. Do not mean to sound harsh.

Its just there are a number of threads that pop up on a weekly basis. There are loads of threads that discuss eating out, going out, costs of items, etc. Do a search for gyms and you will find threads about the cost of joining one of those as well. Search truly is ones friend. Welcome to the forum.
Jynx, you are starting to sound like a Moderator :D :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
We can not always be class clowns can we? Sometimes we must actually assist and help in the forum. I know, its so boring...

·
Registered
92 Posts
... Would 4500 a week be more than enough to live on?...
Hi and welcome. Yes, your salary is more than enough to live and go out couple of nights a week. You need to limit your pints per night to maximum 15 though :p

Enjoy your new job and city, and don't feel intimidated to ask any questions! There are still some friendly people left in UAE :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.