Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
It can vary depending on the brand, but for something around the level of Corona, you're looking at around 150 Dhs for a 24 pack (including 30% tax) from somewhere like MMI in Dubai.

·
Banned
598 Posts
In Abu Dhabi or Dubai. And does the price vary form one liquor store to another?

I totally lost respect for you. That stuff is horse pee man. bleehhhhhh

at our local mmi its 145 for a case

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
and what does Mr Big drink?

If you want a really good night Russian Bear Vodka is 25dhs - zero to floor in half a shot if you can stomach the tast and as for the hangover - oh dear, I am fairly sure it is just Gasoline.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lived there for 3 years and never bought anything other than duty free. The allowances are huge. We stocked up every pass through. Visiting relatives had a standing order. We never visited the famous hole in the wall but have friends that were regulars there. Cheap booze, no tax.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
How far do you have to go to get to this barracuda?

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
How far do you have to go to get to this barracuda?
You'll get lost.....

OK, head up emirates road and follow the signs for DREAMLAND AQUA PARK, when you get to the plane parked near the road (seriously) turn next left and go into the place....

About 45 minutes from Ibn Battuta - unless you get lost of course!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
No BAJEEZLES!!! I will be lost... Is Emirates road the same as sheik zayed road??

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
No BAJEEZLES!!! I will be lost... Is Emirates road the same as sheik zayed road??
Not surprising you get lost hun!.....

SZR is SZR - the number E11 road.

Emirates road is the E311, it sort of runs parallel to SZR - at least at your end of town it does...

Acces it via Al Ain or Hatta road... And you'd best allow 4 hours each way for the trip (I can see the headlines in gulfnews now - "Single woman takes 17 days to get to booze shop"....

·
Registered
7 Posts
at emirates road take exit 103 and just follow dreamland aquapark or barracuda signs. it's right after the plane just before the petrol station. on the road back I'd suggest to take dubai by pass road (E611) before you reach sharjah, a little longer to get back but no traffic etc.
getting lost once or twice is almost certain [: .

·
Banned
598 Posts
Its actually not for me its my contribution to weekly gatherings.

I go hard :) Beer cant get me there :)
Well play'd sir, well play'd!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.