Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Can anyone give me an idea regarding how much AUD cash in hand you can take with you as per rules.
If you are moving to OZ is there any requirement that you should have a certain amount in your account which can be transferred to OZ.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can carry upto 10,000A$ without declaring, but if its more thn that you have to declare the same. as for any minimum amount.. there are no such rules fr a minimum amount to be carried but they suggest u carry 20kA$ for main applicant and 10kA$ for each dependent for initial settlement. that is the amount they feel is sufficient for you for about 6-8 months if you do not get a job. and the more you carry, teh better. I know people who took 6000-10,000 A$ and were able to manage but those times were different, jobs were easy to fetch that time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am state sponsored By South Australia , At the time I applied for SS I declared that I have AUD40K cash. So how much money I have to carry to move OZ, and If I carry only 10K cash is it ok or they will ask for full 40K to show them ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts