Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, please advice do I need to count the days out of country with spouse visa? Is there any limit ?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Absolute limit is half the time allowed under your visa. But even if your absence amounts to less, you may still be refused if they have reasons to believe your home isn't in UK, or you aren't living with your partner without sufficient reasons. Normally annual holidays within paid holiday allowance (such as 3-4 weeks) are fine, as are verified business travel. But if your travel history suggests you aren't really ordinarily resident in UK, they may refuse. If you are away on compassionate grounds, such as caring for a sick relative, that will be allowed provided you submit some documentary evidence such as medical notes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolute limit is half the time allowed under your visa. But even if your absence amounts to less, you may still be refused if they have reasons to believe your home isn't in UK, or you aren't living with your partner without sufficient reasons. Normally annual holidays within paid holiday allowance (such as 3-4 weeks) are fine, as are verified business travel. But if your travel history suggests you aren't really ordinarily resident in UK, they may refuse. If you are away on compassionate grounds, such as caring for a sick relative, that will be allowed provided you submit some documentary evidence such as medical notes.
what if travel with mu husband when he goes for busyness trip?

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you are away on compassionate grounds, such as caring for a sick relative, that will be allowed provided you submit some documentary evidence such as medical notes.
Joppa, not long ago I asked you if I should submit a letter from the doctor with my application as I was away caring for my mother for 3 months and you said it wasn't necessary and just to mention the trip in the form. I submitted the application today without the letter and now reading this has made me worry. Would not sending the letter affect/delay my application then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.