Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my biometrics appointment tomorrow and nearly have everything else together and ready to send off on Friday. Hooray!!!

For those of you who have already successfully applied for and gotten your spouse or fiancee visas, how many emails and photos did you include? I certainly want to provide evidence but don't want to be over the top.

Currently I have 7 emails, starting 3 and a half years ago when we got back in touch and then one for every 6 months until the present. I did about the same with the photos - 1 or 2 from each visit and ending with the wedding/happy family. Is that consistent with what others did? More? Less?

Thanks!
Shelly

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have my biometrics appointment tomorrow and nearly have everything else together and ready to send off on Friday. Hooray!!!

For those of you who have already successfully applied for and gotten your spouse or fiancee visas, how many emails and photos did you include? I certainly want to provide evidence but don't want to be over the top.

Currently I have 7 emails, starting 3 and a half years ago when we got back in touch and then one for every 6 months until the present. I did about the same with the photos - 1 or 2 from each visit and ending with the wedding/happy family. Is that consistent with what others did? More? Less?

Thanks!
Shelly
we included photos of family vacations, holidays, birthdays, etc over the years and a couple of wedding photos.

Just enough to show that we are a genuine couple/family.

Didn't send any emails, but did show telephone calls/texts.

I think what you have sounds reasonable!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've yet to recieve an approval on my visa, but what I sent were cards and about 15 pages worth of our skype calls along with every card I've saved from either my husband or his parents (we'll be staying with them when i move there initially). I completely agree with what everyone else is saying in here, send what you feel best shows that you guys are in a relationship.. photos should be awesome :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
For our application, we didn't have emails, but we sent 12 screenshots of Skype conversations (hand-picked to show firstly when our relationship started, and secondly to prove that we were indeed in a genuine relationship over the duration of months lfrom the beginning to the current time). We only had 4 photos (three very obviously from the same day). We were worried about that but we'd simply not thought about needing photos in the early days and we spent our time mostly alone together. But those 4 photos (again, printed out onto paper from a PC) were absolutely fine and we received our visa end December.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will be applying for a EEA family permit in about two months and I'm quite nervous about the whole process since it seems that everything needs to be quite detailed and I don't want to get anything wrong and have them deny the application. I'm Canadian, my husband has dual citizenship (Canadian/Maltese). We've been living in Malta now for 2 years and have been married almost the same. My husband left a month ago and is now working in the UK. So now I'm having to figure all this out- EEA Family Permit. In the end I've decided to use a certified company to handle my application (more so for peace of mind and ease) but I've found the forums to be quite helpful also.

So from reading all the other submissions about documents to support your relationship- it seems that photos are the way to go (I will also be submitting our marriage certificate). Would this be sufficient enough to provide- photos and our marriage cerificiate? I also have a few lease agreements too that are in both our names. But I'm not sure if I've still kept any from more than 2 years ago since at the time we didn't think it was important and didn't think that we'd be now living in Malta planning on moving to the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.