Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has a job offer from victoria & the employer is in the process of having the nomination approved. Has anyone been through this process & if so how long did it take? Any Irish living in WARRNAMBOOL or surrounding areas?

·
Banned
934 Posts
My husband has a job offer from victoria & the employer is in the process of having the nomination approved. Has anyone been through this process & if so how long did it take? Any Irish living in WARRNAMBOOL or surrounding areas?
Are you aware that Warrnabool is a 5 hr drive from civilisation?

There is a reason why their a jobs available in these towns.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts

Warrnambool is a lovely place and we considered living there ourselves. Not everyone wants to live in a state capital city with all the headaches that can bring.

If you do miss the bright lights and big city it's on a direct train line to Melbourne.

We spent Christmas at Warrnambool with some friends and it has a lovely rocky coastline and is on the Great Ocean Road.

I had to reply since Weebie can have a jaundiced view as to what counts as 'civilisation' but I can't help you with the rest.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warrnambool

Thanks for your comments Weebie. We have done lots of research on Warrnambool & it looks/sounds like a beautiful place to live. We're not concerned about the distance to Melbourne, I think we'll find everything we could want or need in Warrnambool. We prefer the quiet life to the hustle & bustle of the city. Can't wait to get going:)
Regards,
polly1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
civilisation??

Warrnambool is a lovely place and we considered living there ourselves. Not everyone wants to live in a state capital city with all the headaches that can bring.

If you do miss the bright lights and big city it's on a direct train line to Melbourne.

We spent Christmas at Warrnambool with some friends and it has a lovely rocky coastline and is on the Great Ocean Road.

I had to reply since Weebie can have a jaundiced view as to what counts as 'civilisation' but I can't help you with the rest.

Regards,
Karen
Hi Karen, From research we've done on the internet, Warrnambool seems to be a very civilised place to live. Looking forward to the move & having beautiful coastline on our doorstep:) Regards, polly1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts