Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse if this format is not correct or posted on wrong thread, this my first post.
We applied for a Spousal Visa via VFS GLOBAL Priority service and have not heard anything just wondering if someone else has had this long wait with the same situation. We saw folks posting 2-3 day turn around within the dates ours was "received" in Sheffield, UK. I have emailed the VISA help email and they said they have no information on it but we know someone signed for it at least just no one is working on it.
Below is the information on dates and other info
From US
VISA type = Spousal
Date it was delivered - Tuesday, June 23 in the AM
Is this normal?? We would like to leave to go to the UK end of July but it is starting to get worrisome that we have not heard they are at least working on it
Thanks for your thoughts/assistance in advance
- Brad

·
Registered
55 Posts
I submitted my documents yesterday, priority and got my email that they received them today. In the email it said they will process it within 12 weeks and if not by then they will contact and tell me why. Otherwise you can't know your status. So you might still have a bit to go! Fingers crossed that ours both get processed quickly!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
gibsonclan, that's pretty normal. Summertime usually sees a higher volume of applications. You would usually get a "your application has been received" email after the documents were signed for and before the decision is made, which means that your case has been assigned and is under review. I would bet that unless you're an unusual case, you should see an answer within the next week or two at most, but that's just my opinion based on anecdotal testimony. It sounds most likely that you're just in a wash of a lot of applications right now. I hope you will hear back soon! It's still early but I truly know how difficult this wait is...

Reactions: gibsonclan

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Some people receive emails and some don't. Summer tends to be a busier time and Sheffield has recently taken on the processing of settlement visas for an additional country. Processing times vary for a variety of reasons and there is never a guarantee that applications will be processed in a certain amount of time whether priority or not. All you can do is wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your information, just a waiting game now. I also heard that starting July 1 they are going to allow and easier or fast route for Chinese tourists too. So its about to get even busier.....patience :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.