Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I have applied via CampusFrance to obtain my french visa-please clarify some info for me?
How long do I have to wait for their approval so that I may go to french embassy for the visa? Also, since classes have started, can I go directly to embassy and apply directly o them or request an interview?
And also since I am living in london but have applied with my US address, can I request the appointment at the london french embassy or must I fly to the US for appointment?
Thank you for your assistance!

·
Administrator
50,441 Posts
What you need from Campus France is proof of enrollment in your class or program. Once you have that you can go to the consulate to set up an appointment for the visa.

But you can only request an appointment with the consulate in London if you are currently residing in London (i.e. with a valid resident visa).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Bev,
I guess I don't understand this process too well....It says that CampusFrance will let me know or give me an appointment with French Embassy and also I had to send the $100 for their services which I believe includes the fee for the embassy?
Did I misunderstand things on their website?
I just don't know why it is taking so long!?

·
Administrator
50,441 Posts
How long ago did you send in your dossier to Campus France? If they said that they handle getting you the appointment with the consulate, then I guess they're back to that again. (At one point, several years ago, all requests for student visas had to be made through Campus France.)

But if the classes you were applying for have already started, I'd be a bit concerned. Did you apply by the posted deadline for admission? A call to Campus France may be in order - especially if you're currently in London but used your US address for the application. They may have sent information to your US address and you missed it.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bev I sent it at end of september and I am still waiting, their website states 3 weeks. I have tried calling them but the call goes into a loop and then hang up!

This is what CampusFrance states is the process now:
Visa authorities have access to your PASTEL online application and can therefore verify whether your PASTEL application is complete and has been validated by Campus France. If your PASTEL application has not been validated – i.e., it has not been approved by a Campus France representative – the visa services will not be able to start processing your visa application. Please make sure to finish your CampusFrance / PASTEL application as early as possible. You will need the clearance from Campus France that your PASTEL application has been approved in order to start applying for a visa.

Also I find $100 fee for this process to be quite costly since its not the consulate fee!
I wonder why this process is being done by CampusFrance, it was much simpler to go to consulate and get the visa done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.