Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my IELTS exam back and I got 8 on all sections except for writing where I received a 7.5 :(

So now I can either repeat the IELTS and hope for an all 8 and submit an EOI with 70 points or submit it as is with 60 points.

How long does it take for someone with a 60 point EOI to get an invitation?

Can I submit the 60 points EOI and then retake the test and If I get higher marks update it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I got my IELTS exam back and I got 8 on all sections except for writing where I received a 7.5 :(

So now I can either repeat the IELTS and hope for an all 8 and submit an EOI with 70 points or submit it as is with 60 points.

Can I submit the 60 points EOI and then retake the test and If I get higher marks update it?
It all depends upon the category of visa and ceiling left for it.
You need to make sure if above comes in favor of you, submit asap to get invitation before July to be on safer side.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline....

[JEET] - All depends on the Occupation Code that person is applying under.

[JEET] - Yes, you can submit your EOI with 60 points now and then later on update it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im applying as an Electrical Engineer - 233311. The ceiling is for my profession is still a long way from being filled (363 out of 1332) :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You may get invited during 22nd May invitation round.

We just have to see how many people were invited during 8th May Invitation round?

Im applying as an Electrical Engineer - 233311. The ceiling is for my profession is still a long way from being filled (363 out of 1332) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts