Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a software developer in Sydney area. I have been applying to various jobs from seek.com.au. Mostly these are posted by recruiting agencies. I want to know how long does it take for a software developer to find a job on average.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
It's like asking how long is a piece of string? It depends on speciality, whether the agency has real jobs or is trawling for business etc.

Good luck with your search and try other job websites too since there are loads of them out there (google is your friend :) )

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a little trick. When a job advert comes online, apply for it then the very next day call the agent some time around 11:00 A.M. Tell him you want to follow up on your application for XYZ job. Have your resume, cover letter, and the job advert on the screen in front of you so you can look up information quickly. Also search online about how to properly format your CV for Australia. Many recruitment agencies have online templates for applicants. Before applying for a job, take the time to check out the agency's website and see if they provide a template or any instructions about applying; then follow them. Good luck. Did you have any success with the temp job?? I have been waiting for your response!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,
I am a software developer in Sydney area. I have been applying to various jobs from seek.com.au. Mostly these are posted by recruiting agencies. I want to know how long does it take for a software developer to find a job on average.
Thanks.

Depends on ur luck It can take Up to 1-2 years i read on google search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.