Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am currently on student visa(in South Australia) and finishing my degree these days. I applied to Victoria for a state sponsorship and waiting for a response.

I would like to know how long does DIAC gives you to go to the state after the visa is granted.

It seems like it will take another 4-5 months for me to finish my final year project for which I should be in this state for collecting data.

It will be great if the DIAC give you about 6 months time for me to settle in Victoria after 190 visa is granted.

Can someone please tell me how long normally they give you to settle in and show them that you have settled there! Also, my student visa expires at the end of next year( 12 months from now )

Your advise is kindly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dhaval

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Highly unlikely you will get vic sponsorship if you are living in another state.

I am sorry mate, actually to NSW. I wrote in a wordpad some time ago when I was planning for Victoria state and apparently I copied the wrong question..

Could you please advise me now?

Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear All,

I am currently on student visa(in South Australia) and finishing my degree these days. I applied to Victoria for a state sponsorship and waiting for a response.

I would like to know how long does DIAC gives you to go to the state after the visa is granted.

It seems like it will take another 4-5 months for me to finish my final year project for which I should be in this state for collecting data.

It will be great if the DIAC give you about 6 months time for me to settle in Victoria after 190 visa is granted.

Can someone please tell me how long normally they give you to settle in and show them that you have settled there! Also, my student visa expires at the end of next year( 12 months from now )

Your advise is kindly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dhaval
The state to which I have applied is NSW. I am sorry for the confusion. I hope someone can answer my question..

·
Registered
50 Posts
The state to which I have applied is NSW. I am sorry for the confusion. I hope someone can answer my question..
Actually for a PR (either it may be a state sponsorship or normal) VISA initial entry time will be given is 1 year. That 1 year starts from the day you have applied for PCC clearance. So don't plan to take PCC before CO assign and asks you, it will kill your initial entry time period.

Hope it helps to you.

G

·
Yes but that 1 year applies if you are offshore not onshore. If onshore you are expected to go straight away.

Plus VIC or NSW makes no difference. It is still highly unlikely you will be granted sponsorship unless you have very clise ties with the state or a job offer if you are living in Australia in another state.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but that 1 year applies if you are offshore not onshore. If onshore you are expected to go straight away.

Plus VIC or NSW makes no difference. It is still highly unlikely you will be granted sponsorship unless you have very clise ties with the state or a job offer if you are living in Australia in another state.
Well that is not true. A friend of mine who is on student visa recently got a state nomination from NSW.He did not have any job offer. (he had some job experience and positive skill assessment anyways)

However, it can be true that I would be asked to move straight away...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts