Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ACS was processing my application, they requested more documents from me, I sent them, they arrived on Monday, and now it's Friday there and my application status online still says "Awaiting Documents". How long does it usually take for them to recognize that they've received them?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ACS was processing my application, they requested more documents from me, I sent them, they arrived on Monday, and now it's Friday there and my application status online still says "Awaiting Documents". How long does it usually take for them to recognize that they've received them?
There's another person here by the name of mbc71 who had that happen to her but three times. She was asked to provide more documents, but I don't remember reading anywhere it took them a long time to come back with a decision at all. I think she heard back within the same month, but I'm not too sure.

Back when I did mine, the waiting times were so long. It took them three months to assess me, and there were others on this board who had to provide more information, and were put back in the wait list starting the clock on the three months again. That was a nightmare. But today, it's not nearly as bad.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, sounds like it's no big deal that they haven't reacted to receiving the documents. It makes me worry because the email they sent asking for more documents said they would process my application as-is if they don't receive the documents and from the website status it looks like they don't know they've received them.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
OK, sounds like it's no big deal that they haven't reacted to receiving the documents. It makes me worry because the email they sent asking for more documents said they would process my application as-is if they don't receive the documents and from the website status it looks like they don't know they've received them.

Sometimes they don't update that website - many of us have gotten results while being at the "with assessor" stage.
But if it gives you peace of mind, you can always email your case officer.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Still on stage 3 which is making me nervous. How can I email my case officer?
It's been quite a while for me, but I remember receiving an email from ACS titled, "Documents Received" when I first applied. (I only sent in a set of documents and they never questioned me or asked for more). In that same email, (which I noticed has someone's real name) you can probably reply to it and get your CO directly. (I say "probably" because I've never contacted them and I am only assuming that person was my CO).

Best wishes ~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.