Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may seem like an odd question. I am in a situation where I was offered a job in London from abroad that exceeds the financial requirements. I am now in London, in the job for the last week. I have sent the letter of employment and contract (it's a permanent role) back to my wife who is still waiting for her language test results so that she can complete her application. I pretty much jumped at the job as it was an opportunity to get things going but it is less than ideal as it is a very long and expensive commute. There other opportunities closer to where I am staying and looking to settle. If the letter is on the way to my wife, do I need to keep at this job until is issued and in her passport? Will they check that you are still employed? (technically you were employed at the time of application). How long will i need to stay with this job before I can move to a better one?

Regards

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Yes, they can contact your employer to verify employment and if they find you have left your job, her visa will be refused. You need to stay in the job until her visa is issued. Once it's issued, you can do what you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they can contact your employer to verify employment and if they find you have left your job, her visa will be refused. You need to stay in the job until her visa is issued. Once it's issued, you can do what you want.
Thanks Nyclon! So to recap, I can move once she receives her passport back with visa in it. I don't have to wait for her to actually arrive on British soil? She may still be a few weeks wrapping up stuff still needing sorted.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.