Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my documents are 100% MET since 1 week in my checklist, but no visa grant, its so frustrating as most people here usually get their visa grant the SAME day the CO changes the status to MET or within 2 days. I wonder why the delay, i know my CO is extremely proactive, the moment i submit documents he used to immediately update the status, but i don't know why he is withholding my grant.

So i would like to know how long did it take you guys to get your grant from the day all documents are 100% MET in your document checklist? and if there was a delay, did you email your CO and what did he/she say ?

thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all my documents are 100% MET since 1 week in my checklist, but no visa grant, its so frustrating as most people here usually get their visa grant the SAME day the CO changes the status to MET or within 2 days. I wonder why the delay, i know my CO is extremely proactive, the moment i submit documents he used to immediately update the status, but i don't know why he is withholding my grant.

So i would like to know how long did it take you guys to get your grant from the day all documents are 100% MET in your document checklist? and if there was a delay, did you email your CO and what did he/she say ?

thanks!
Is your Medical Finalized on 1st page & MET on 2nd page

·
Registered
63 Posts

thanks!
It is normal. Dont worry if you believe that all the requirements are MET. Like my case, I sent e-mail (with nice tone of course....:)), asking about the problem why my Visa grant was not issued yet.

That time they have problem with our database (my family previous passport data) and IT problem. And after 1 month of "MET" condition the Visa was granted. Just be patient and dont push your CO....Good Luck:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes medicals finalized on1st page & met on 2nd page.
Ok then - I am waiting like u since April 30, with 100% clean checklist.
when i sent PLE, someone on behalf of my CO replied - 'Routine processing ......'

confused - what is going on, but there is nothing much I can do. (waiting over 8 months and still counting ... )

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am in a similar dilemma, my documents are also all MET since 4 days but no grant. CO was super active all the time, but when it time came for my grant he dissapered :p ..However i managed to inject a good bit of "patience" into myself in order to maintain my sanity :D

It would definitely be nice if others here would share how long it took them from the date of all docs MET to the actual grant, so the waiters can have some relief :)

Reactions: Riza2012

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok then - I am waiting like u since April 30, with 100% clean checklist.
when i sent PLE, someone on behalf of my CO replied - 'Routine processing ......'

confused - what is going on, but there is nothing much I can do. (waiting over 8 months and still counting ... )
Ok first, did you submit your Medicals & PCC BEFORE CO asks you or you waited until he asked you?

i believe "routine processing" means security check which takes up to 12 months. I read this somewhere that routine check is another word of security check, maybe others can reconfirm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok first, did you submit your Medicals & PCC BEFORE CO asks you or you waited until he asked you?

i believe "routine processing" means security check which takes up to 12 months. I read this somewhere that routine check is another word of security check, maybe others can reconfirm.
I did Frontload everything, PCC is not in my checklist. MED was always finalized - since i frontloaded MED,

However, CO never changed it to MET (on 2nd page status) until April 30th. And interesting that the same day one of my friend (who applied near my time) got MED & PCC request.

Lets hope for the best!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys, my meds were Finalized and grant was given on the same day.

Reactions: Riza2012

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did Frontload everything, PCC is not in my checklist. MED was always finalized - since i frontloaded MED,

However, CO never changed it to MET (on 2nd page status) until April 30th. And interesting that the same day one of my friend (who applied near my time) got MED & PCC request.

Lets hope for the best!
What do you mean PCC is not in your checklist? you never submitted PCC? PCC is always on the check list. Basically what i know if your CO did not ask you for PCC and you did not submit it yet, this means you are going security check. I am not trying to scare, i hope its something else but i'm saying based on what i searched see this extract:

"Today, I am going to write about one of the most confusing statement which applicants mostly got from CO(Case Officer) from DIAC(Department of immigration and Citizenship, Australia) against their PLE that either

Routine processing is going on
External processing is going on
Internal processing is going on
So what are these terms and what does they meant. Routine processing is basically of two type. Internal or external processing.

External checks are done by external agencies like , therefore CO is unable to provide a time frame on the outcome. It includes character as well as security checks along with other things.

On the other hands, internal checks are checks done within DIAC and they are therefore able to provide a estimated timeframe on outcomes. Still its not concrete timeframe. Internal checks include job verification, provided/uploaded documents etc

There is no hard and fast rule that either External checks will be done first or Internal checks. Similarly, time frame for each check vary from case to case. Sometimes, it took only few days and some times more than 2 years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What do you mean PCC is not in your checklist? you never submitted PCC? PCC is always on the check list. Basically what i know if your CO did not ask you for PCC and you did not submit it yet, this means you are going security check. I am not trying to scare, i hope its something else but i'm saying based on what i searched see this extract:

"Today, I am going to write about one of the most confusing statement which applicants mostly got from CO(Case Officer) from DIAC(Department of immigration and Citizenship, Australia) against their PLE that either

Routine processing is going on
External processing is going on
Internal processing is going on
So what are these terms and what does they meant. Routine processing is basically of two type. Internal or external processing.

External checks are done by external agencies like , therefore CO is unable to provide a time frame on the outcome. It includes character as well as security checks along with other things.

On the other hands, internal checks are checks done within DIAC and they are therefore able to provide a estimated timeframe on outcomes. Still its not concrete timeframe. Internal checks include job verification, provided/uploaded documents etc

There is no hard and fast rule that either External checks will be done first or Internal checks. Similarly, time frame for each check vary from case to case. Sometimes, it took only few days and some times more than 2 years.

PCC is not in Checklist, specially when u frontload & CO is convinced. I know more of my Friends without PCC on Checklist. (this would vary across COs of course)

Rest of your words r fine.

Good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Riza2012 said:

thanks!
Applied directly or via agent?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I got the visa grant within one day after all the docs were met...
You might want to emai your CO and ask him/her if more docs are needed..they need a gentle push sometimes..:)

thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

It been more than a month since i have submitted my PCC and Medical....All my doc were submitted in Feb when i filed the Application (190)...All of them still show as received...Does this mean then the CO hasnt worked on my application ?

Need you inputs please.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a new bie,

I have submitted my visa application on 17/5/2013,
I have uploaded all the documents except Medicals (PCC also uploaded :) ),
When will a case office assigned to me and when can i expect a grant??

:ranger:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a new bie,

I have submitted my visa application on 17/5/2013,
I have uploaded all the documents except Medicals (PCC also uploaded :) ),
When will a case office assigned to me and when can i expect a grant??

:ranger:
Are you on subclass 189? Latest information from the website said that it can take up to 8 weeks for case officer allocation after lodgement.
But a lot of people are luckier. It took me 2 months, some just few days or weeks. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue too. PCC and medical all submitted 16/4/13. No more pending documents. Where is the grant?

Anyone with me?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe I was lucky, I've got my grant within 24 hrs from submitting my PCC.
(My meds were completed 3 weeks prior to that) My CO is from Team 7 Adelaide.

All the best!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts