Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I think a new center has come up at Noida.
It's at "Ground Floor, S. B. Tower 1A/1, Sector 16A, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301"

Anyone who gave an exam there?
How is it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys,

I think a new center has come up at Noida.
It's at "Ground Floor, S. B. Tower 1A/1, Sector 16A, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301"

Anyone who gave an exam there?
How is it?
I have given my exam in noida center twice . It is newly opened.Highly professional staff , machines and equipments.

The best part is that they have the voice cancellation between two seats which are really helpful while doing speaking test.

Just be on time and all the best.!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi akhandel,

I have 2 Questions:-

1) Do they have Closed or Open Seating sections ? Do they provide Noise Cancellation headsets or how does it work coz Speaking section becomes a big problem with multiple candidates speaking at the same time ?

2) Is the experience better than 2 Delhi centres of Kailash Colony & Yusuf Sarai ?

Please advise, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No separate closed sections as such. Voice cancellation headphones can only work in W, R sections.

Reactions: Beerji

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi akhandel,

1) Do they have Closed or Open Seating sections ? Do they provide Noise Cancellation headsets or how does it work coz Speaking section becomes a big problem with multiple candidates speaking at the same time ?

2) Is the experience better than 2 Delhi centres of Kailash Colony & Yusuf Sarai ?

Yusuf Sarai is the best center in NCR.

This is my personal experience. Don't go with others.

Reactions: Beerji

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi akhandel,

Never visit Kailash Colony center because they have some issue with their voice recording. Worst center for PTE in NCR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Gunbun

Can you please detail your experience for Yusuf Sarai center. How it is better than Noida, for example.

Few colleagues of mine gave PTE at Noida, Sec 16 recently but were disappointed during the speaking section as the seats are right next to each other with a small separation wall b/w PCs and it is difficult to speak/focus when someone is shouting right next to you. But, for rest of the sections, you get noise cancellation headsets and that works well.

I am looking to book my appointment in next couple of days & if you can share your feedback, that would certainly help.

TIA.
Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Gunbun

Can you please detail your experience for Yusuf Sarai center. How it is better than Noida, for example.

Few colleagues of mine gave PTE at Noida, Sec 16 recently but were disappointed during the speaking section as the seats are right next to each other with a small separation wall b/w PCs and it is difficult to speak/focus when someone is shouting right next to you. But, for rest of the sections, you get noise cancellation headsets and that works well.

I am looking to book my appointment in next couple of days & if you can share your feedback, that would certainly help.

TIA.
Cheers

I appeared three times at Noida center, didn't feel noise during first attempt and cracked 65+ in it but in last two yes, adjacent noise will definitely hinder focus.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I appeared three times at Noida center, didn't feel noise during first attempt and cracked 65+ in it but in last two yes, adjacent noise will definitely hinder focus.
I have been to Noida center couple of times and it is quite good. You can choose this one without any doubt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you don't mind can you please share what was different in the First attempt, like Test Time slot different from your last two attempts or you got a segregated seat in the first attempt or seats were filled less.

Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you don't mind can you please share what was different in the First attempt, like Test Time slot different from your last two attempts or you got a segregated seat in the first attempt or seats were filled less.

Thank you.

In first attempt I appeared in my natural style without much tips and tricks. In later two, I was over cautions and overloaded with tips, tricks and etc and etc. where my score even dropped as compared to first one.

Also, it was more crowded in last two.

Pte pattern has been changed in Jan for listening and March for writing this year when I had later two attempts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guys, just my 2 cents here:

I think it all depends on how you do in test and not the center itself. For example, I gave here in the U.S. and the computers used were super old (like the ones I used to have 10 years ago), too much noise from the people sitting nearby, and frozen screens. but I still scored 90 in all 4 sections as I was just focussed on my screen. So, sometimes we do too much of analysis and don't focus on what really we need to do!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi Gunbun

TIA.
Cheers
The software setup at yusuf sarai center is special I don't know how. You will score better than you would expect. You would not find bookings easily there is a proof.

There are 12 seats. In speaking be louder. Even if center people ask you to slow down, you need to be louder and this is what everyone does.

In reality, many people who score 79+ in speaking could barely speak good english in real life.

You just need to appear infront of PTE software that you have good speaking skills. I am sure pte software is not good at detecting what you speak relevant or irrelevant in describe image but it will judge your fluency, pronunciation and grammar. So content in describe image & retell lecture need not to be sophisticated.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you Sharmag.

In first attempt I appeared in my natural style without much tips and tricks. In later two, I was over cautions and overloaded with tips, tricks and etc and etc. where my score even dropped as compared to first one.

Also, it was more crowded in last two.

Pte pattern has been changed in Jan for listening and March for writing this year when I had later two attempts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you Gunbun.

The software setup at yusuf sarai center is special I don't know how. You will score better than you would expect. You would not find bookings easily there is a proof.

There are 12 seats. In speaking be louder. Even if center people ask you to slow down, you need to be louder and this is what everyone does.

In reality, many people who score 79+ in speaking could barely speak good english in real life.

You just need to appear infront of PTE software that you have good speaking skills. I am sure pte software is not good at detecting what you speak relevant or irrelevant in describe image but it will judge your fluency, pronunciation and grammar. So content in describe image & retell lecture need not to be sophisticated.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts