Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
on 06-june-2015 i have submitted EOI for independant visa 189. While submitting,the number of points shown was 60 and i haven't got the invitation yet.
I am going to turn 33yrs on 10th aug 2015. if i didnt get the invitation before 10th of aug, then after 10th, is my points will reduce to 55 in EOI?

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Points are awarded based on the fact that on the dat eof lodging the EOI you have not yet turned 33.
till the time you are 32 years and 364 days you will get 30 points
on the day you are 33 system will auto reduce the points to 25.

As I can see you have submitted EOI with 60 points on 6th June.
Invitation in the next round depends on which code you selected.
Say for example if you fall under Software engineer/programmer , Business ICt analyst or accountant code you have very slim chance of being invited in the next round.
after your 33rd birthday if your points reduce to 55 you will no longer be eligble for an 189 invite though your EOI will remain in the system.you can then chose for 190 or state sponsorship which gives you extra 5 points.

if you are in any of the above codes I would suggest you to somewhow try to increase your points.or select 190 also in your EOI.
Try scoring more by giving IELTS/PTE or state sponsorship.

Hi,
on 06-june-2015 i have submitted EOI for independant visa 189. While submitting,the number of points shown was 60 and i haven't got the invitation yet.
I am going to turn 33yrs on 10th aug 2015. if i didnt get the invitation before 10th of aug, then after 10th, is my points will reduce to 55 in EOI?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have applied for software programmer.
I came to know that , we can opt for both 189 and 190 visas.

In that case, shall I select 190 option also now itself for safe side?
Usually how much time it takes to get invitation for state sponsorship if I apply today?

Thanks,
Srini

·
Registered
973 Posts
If your nominated occupation is 2613 I really doubt you would be invited in the next round.
Also as you said your points will become less by 5 in aug so its better you select 190 now and apply for NSW.

invitations from 190 is an ongoing process and is not date dependent like 189
though its the discretion of the states on whom to invite and whom to not.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have applied for software programmer.
I came to know that , we can opt for both 189 and 190 visas.

In that case, shall I select 190 option also now itself for safe side?
Usually how much time it takes to get invitation for state sponsorship if I apply today?

Thanks,
Srini

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi Points are awarded based on the fact that on the dat eof lodging the EOI you have not yet turned 33.
till the time you are 32 years and 364 days you will get 30 points
on the day you are 33 system will auto reduce the points to 25.

As I can see you have submitted EOI with 60 points on 6th June.
Invitation in the next round depends on which code you selected.
Say for example if you fall under Software engineer/programmer , Business ICt analyst or accountant code you have very slim chance of being invited in the next round.
after your 33rd birthday if your points reduce to 55 you will no longer be eligble for an 189 invite though your EOI will remain in the system.you can then chose for 190 or state sponsorship which gives you extra 5 points.

if you are in any of the above codes I would suggest you to somewhow try to increase your points.or select 190 also in your EOI.
Try scoring more by giving IELTS/PTE or state sponsorship.
Hi I might be going off on a slight tangent here but I want to ask something. You said you can then chose 190 for state sponsorship, does that mean that a person can first lodge in an EOI for 189 and also choose 190, then if he/she gets an invite from state, he will be able to apply under 190. If he/she does not get an invite from state, he will have to wait for an invite on 189? Or is it either 189 or 190, a dichotomy?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If u get invitation for 190 first, u have 2 months of time to apply for visa. In this time u may have chance to get invitation for 189 also( if u opt for both and u still u have 60 or more than that) .so u can decide which one to choose.
This is my understanding.

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
If u get invitation for 190 first, u have 2 months of time to apply for visa. In this time u may have chance to get invitation for 189 also( if u opt for both and u still u have 60 or more than that) .so u can decide which one to choose.
This is my understanding.
A few too many u's there. How about "you" - it's not much more work really! :)
As moderators, we ask that you don't use text-speak in the forum. (It's also precluded in the rules, http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html, - Rule 6 - that you agreed to when you signed up, too. :) )

Using text-speak or similar abbreviations can make it hard for people that don't have English as their first language, won't endear you to many, and if you were to use it in a job application for example, you might not be seen in a good light. Better to start as you mean to continue! :)

thanks
kaju

1 - 9 of 9 Posts