Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit stumped by the format of a question on the online form that asks 'How do you qualify for UK ancestry?

I am supposed to fill in a line of information that starts with a dropdown menu where I can choose 'Grandmother', 'Grandfather' or 'Through legal adoption', and then it has fields for Family Name, Given Name, Nationality, Date of Birth and Place of Birth beside the dropdown menu.

Whose information am I filling in here? Mine or my grandfathers? The instructions are unclear but state what to do if YOU only have one name. This made me think I was supposed to put my information here, but that makes no sense as it is all included elsewhere on my application.

There is an option to add additional lines of information which makes me wonder if I am supposed to list my grandfather, my mother, then myself ? But there is no option for 'mother' or 'self' on the dropdown menu. Or is the option to add additional lines there to add additional grandparents (I have multiple UK born grandparents but was only planning on submitting certificates pertaining to one, I could submit more but it seems excessive).

If anyone has used this form before, I'd appreciate some guidance

·
Registered
302 Posts
How I would answer and also take it all is....What ever grand parent you're using.

You only have 3 options. The questions relating to those answers is the info they're after. If you are using your grandfather then they need his info.

I wouldn't add anymore names. It may confuse them.

But wait for a mod to clarify just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
23 Posts
You fill in the information of the grandparent you're applying for ancestry visa through. There are subsequent pages wherein you fill out your parents and then your details.

Hope that helped :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.