Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most job ads on public sites like Seek, indeed, CareerOne etc., and even LinkedIn, usually pertain to well established employers and recruitment agencies. Is there any way to find out details about job vacancies at startup or mid-size IT establishments, and specifically target them?

Pardon my ignorance, if this seems like a silly question.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Most job ads on public sites like Seek, indeed, CareerOne etc., and even LinkedIn, usually pertain to well established employers and recruitment agencies. Is there any way to find out details about job vacancies at startup or mid-size IT establishments, and specifically target them?

Pardon my ignorance, if this seems like a silly question.
when i was in melbourne i participated in a night hack in melbourne uni.
Got to know of various start ups/ tech firms there who were interested to give a offer based on hackathon performance ,
that was one of the place my friend got a invite from atlassian . There were some real good startup firms too like thoughtworks, Uber was just picking up at that time and there was local goCatch.
(Even though the hack was in vic most of them were placed out of NSW)
I felt that was forum to get in touch with these firms and showcase my talent, unfortunately i was on 457 and lost an opportunity. You can try there local sites and see the openings.
Cheers

·
Registered
837 Posts
Google about the companies of your domain and note down their contact numbers/address/email.
Call them and inquire - set up an appointment with concerned person - invite him/her over a cup of coffee and discuss about possible opportunities.

Or door-knock the companies (start-ups, small firms) and drop your resume. This is one of the ways my friend got the job in Adelaide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts