Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

Hope you're all ok.
We finally found a lovely house in Calahonda.However, whilst my parents have been getting settled in there, I've been in the UK (freezing) looking after my Aunt who's ill and taking my A Level Spanish lessons but I have a job interview with Club La Costa in Mijas next Friday BUT I need a social security number etc.
I DO have my N I E number but that's not enough . Can anyone advise me if it's possible to get my paperwork in time (i dont get into Spain until next Tuesday)
Many thanks
Mark

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by a Social Security number. Please advise. For a job interview all you would need is a NIE.

Good luck at Club La Costa - nice if aged resort

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
All we did was went in the soc. sec. office took a ticket , got called ,said we wanted soc. sec. nos', handed over passport / or residencia, walked out with 3 nos. 10mins. Must be a record.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Gus, what is the Spanish for this and is it the same as your NIE/NIF or CIF or SIP or .......

Perhaps it is not required in Valencia or Andalucia where I would have thought I would have needed one/heard about it etc etc.

I am not sure even what it could be used for! Why not just the NIE/NIF?

TIA

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
It was a social security number they wanted from my son when they wouldnt make him an appointment at the hospital. I went to the health centre in my local town and they gave him one!

Jo xxx

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Ahh, know I see and agree .....and have one. SIP in the CV

BUT ...why on this sweet planet would he need one for an interview?

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Número de seguridad social or de afiliación. Yes, equivalent to UK national insurance no. You need one to work here. Normally for a full-time job the employer will get it.

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
Hi gang,

Hope you're all ok.
We finally found a lovely house in Calahonda.However, whilst my parents have been getting settled in there, I've been in the UK (freezing) looking after my Aunt who's ill and taking my A Level Spanish lessons but I have a job interview with Club La Costa in Mijas next Friday BUT I need a social security number etc.
I DO have my N I E number but that's not enough . Can anyone advise me if it's possible to get my paperwork in time (i dont get into Spain until next Tuesday)
Many thanks
Mark
I suspect they need your UK NI number as they pay you via a cheque that you have to mail to your UK bank. (last I heard)
So call them and ask if this is correct as you will not (as far as I know) get a Spanish NI number without first working here on a legal contract/becoming self employed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.