Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need help in write a formal inquiry letter to Australian Consulate. I'm an IT professional who's been trying to migrate to move to Australia under "Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent)" visa. I've completed ACS verification and IELTS.

I made a mistake by taking help from a dodgy Visa consultant from India who turned out to be an useless fake. My visa was rejected early this year due to her mistake. I'm now applying for the Permanent visa again. Also I just realized that she'd filled in EOI template incorrectly by claiming 5 points for "Does the client meet the Australian study requirements for the Skilled Migration points test?" But I graduated from India. I've now been invited by SkillSelect to file my visa.

How do I make the Australian Consulate aware of this and accept my Visa application? I satisfy all the required criteria and I have enough points already. Please help. Thanks.

Karthik

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Dear karthikdurairajan,

check your invitation letter from SkillSelect - it details how you should proceed if you made an error in your EOI. Mine stated:

Correct claims in your EOI:
[...] If the information provided in your EOI is not correct, and you proceed to lodge a visa application, this may result in your application being refused, and your visa application fee will not be refunded. [...] If you are unable to support your EOI claims before you lodge your application you have the option to let this invitation lapse, then ensure your claims are accurate and submit a new or revised EOI.
As long as you have not lodged the visa there is no harm done :). However, you will need to wait 60 days until your invitation expires. After that you can correct your EOI and re-submit.

Concerning the "dodgy Visa consultant": If she was a MARA registered agent, you can make a complaint to MARA who can in extreme cases suspend or cancel her registration. However, at the end of the day you as the applicant are responsible for the information provided in your application. It must be frustrating for you but I am afraid that you cannot wrangle a visa from DIAC just because you paid an agent/consultant who may have botched the EOI.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
873 Posts
espresso said it all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts