Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all really :D

How did you celebrate when you received your visa approval?

Or if you haven't got your visa approval yet, how will you celebrate when you get yours?

I still vividly remember opening a letter (addressed to my husband) from our agent thinking "Oh what now?", only to realise it was the approval letter. I read it a couple of times to make sure I REALLY understood and then started jumping up and down with joy! :D I couldn't get hold of my husband so I had to wait the REST OF THE DAY before I could tell someone since I wanted him to know before we told everyone else. The wait for him to come home seemed to last longer than the 2 year wait for the approval! :)

We went out to a local restaurant to celebrate properly....

Now we are wondering how to celebrate our second anniversary in Oz on July 19th.....

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yayyy!! hehehehe thats what I would say first.. or maybe a bigger yayyyyyyyyyyyyy..

will call OH and ask him to get him bum back home, have wine or what the heck, will go out.. have some beer, smoke, eat, dance, scream, shout and make merry.. get drunk. hehehe

and then will call my folks, I guess OH will handle his folks since they cry everytime we mention our going.

umm.. start looking at flights, start thinking what to do.. and ofcourse after i speak to OH, i will write here with my share of thankyous yada yada..

call every god damn person i know and say yessss i finally made it.. and now i am going. maybe call the guy who took 6 months for registering our marriage nd ask him to go take a walk.. i no longer need to be at a place wehre to legalise something like a marriage it takes 6 months...

and i anyways have issues sleeping when i hear something good, so wont let OH sleep as well.

and ofcourse, will go through the sticky threads again to refresh what I read long back.. will give tight hug to you karen and dolly and amaslam and everyone else who has been taking my crap all along :)

will start thinking of how to say good byes. aaaah.. i wonder when will all this actually happen..

I can feel teh excitement building already,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
on a second thought, when u need something so much, so desperately, it doesnt make a difference when u actually get it. in my case i feel, ok, now what, this is what i wanted, so i gt it, what now???

when we got our ACS result, which was rather fast, in 19 days flat, there was excitement, but not as much, i looked at OH, smiled, gave him a hug and said, now starts the irritating part.. and in my honest opinion, visa isnt the most crucial, it is once u r there, the struggle that follows the visa.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The title says it all really :D

How did you celebrate when you received your visa approval?

Or if you haven't got your visa approval yet, how will you celebrate when you get yours?

I still vividly remember opening a letter (addressed to my husband) from our agent thinking "Oh what now?", only to realise it was the approval letter. I read it a couple of times to make sure I REALLY understood and then started jumping up and down with joy! :D I couldn't get hold of my husband so I had to wait the REST OF THE DAY before I could tell someone since I wanted him to know before we told everyone else. The wait for him to come home seemed to last longer than the 2 year wait for the approval! :)

We went out to a local restaurant to celebrate properly....

Now we are wondering how to celebrate our second anniversary in Oz on July 19th.....

Regards,
Karen
Congrats!!!
Boy am I excited reading yours
I don't know How I'll react but I am sooooooooo Happy for U

Good luck with the preparation for ur Anniversary!
NK

·
Registered
128 Posts
OH FANTASTIC!! OH MY GOD, OH WHAT NOW, AND WHAT NEXT? Have a few glasses of wine then we will sort it!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My partner was at work while he told me over msn messenger!!
He said: babe.... I have an email about the visa....
(way to keep it in suspense!)
My first thought was oh no, what do they want now...
and he said: I GOT IT!!!
I screamed with excitement called my mum and other family members back in australia to tell them the good news then I decorated the flat with a big congratulations sign, bought some moet & chandon champagne and waited till my partner came home from work when we then ordered a pizza and drank the champagne.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts