Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for australian PR under 190 nomination. I have 6 years total experience. 4 Years in Australia in IT.
I am worried that if diac contacts my college they might not get response as the university doesn't exist anymore. Will they actually contact ? Is yes then Any one with same case knows what to do ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
As far as I remember reading on the immigration website, if you had completed your degree before the university closed down and you were given a certificate of award it shouldn't affect you in any way. Furthermore, for your skills to be declared suitable the relevant assessing body will check if you have studied all the required components of the course to be recommended for migration.

·
Registered
667 Posts
As far as I remember reading on the immigration website, if you had completed your degree before the university closed down and you were given a certificate of award it shouldn't affect you in any way. Furthermore, for your skills to be declared suitable the relevant assessing body will check if you have studied all the required components of the course to be recommended for migration.
ACS doesn't check anything. In fact it does say that it's given based on the information that person has provided.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct that acs provides assessment result as per info provided however diac may try to verify the info . I'm not sure how.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am applying for australian PR under 190 nomination. I have 6 years total experience. 4 Years in Australia in IT.
I am worried that if diac contacts my college they might not get response as the university doesn't exist anymore. Will they actually contact ? Is yes then Any one with same case knows what to do ?
Hi, did you apply to PR Visa ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts