Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I am an Aussie guy who has a wonderful german girlfriend. She is currently on her first working visa which expires in June and is heading home for 6 weeks. She then wants to return to Australia perminetly, but anything that allowed her back to work would be good. People keep saying I can sponser her even though I am currently looking for a job. I have an abn??? don't know if that helps. She is 22 and a qualifyed hairdresser. How can I sponser her please help as its getting close and we are realy starting to stress. all the imigration websites that I have found say it takes a year for the visa to become a australian perminent resident?? Thanks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Scotty:

Welcome to the forum.

If you have been living together for >12 months you could sponsor her for a spouse visa (as a de-facto spouse).

There are alot of threads for De-facto spouse (use search in the forum).

Here is just one of the links:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...812-getting-partner-sponsorship-move-aus.html

Also at the Immigration website spouse visa applications can be onshore or offshore. So read the eligibility for both and select the one most appropriate (for example it might be easier for your girlfriend to do an onshore application and while it is being decided she would have bridging visa, the right kind of bridging visa would allow her to travel and come back to AU). If you want additional help you can also discuss the situation with a migration agent.

Good luck :)

Hi guys I am an Aussie guy who has a wonderful german girlfriend. She is currently on her first working visa which expires in June and is heading home for 6 weeks. She then wants to return to Australia perminetly, but anything that allowed her back to work would be good. People keep saying I can sponser her even though I am currently looking for a job. I have an abn??? don't know if that helps. She is 22 and a qualifyed hairdresser. How can I sponser her please help as its getting close and we are realy starting to stress. all the imigration websites that I have foundsay it takes a year for the visa to become a australian perminent resident?? Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't need to be rich to sponsor her, if that is what you are thinking. The application fee and process will cost a couple of thousand dollars though and you may need to prove you have enough funds to support her in the interim until her visa is approved.

The permanent visa does take a year, but she will be granted a temporary visa before that, and a bridging visa before that. The temporary visa will allow her to work, and so may the bridging visa depending on the type.

I recommend ringing up immigration or walking in and getting their advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts