Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am also a Business Analyst with software development and business analyst experience throught since I have worked with small organizations.

Score Calculation:

Age = 30 points
Education: 15
English= 10
Experience=?

Please guide.

Profile Details:

1) Engineering in IT

2) Application Developer with 27 months of S/w development experience

3) MBA in Finance (2 years full time)

4) Business and Technology Senior Analyst with 33 months of BA experience

From both companies, I can try and get Business Analyst or Analyst Programmer Roles and Responsibilities over the company letterhead. However, consdering my two designations Application Developer and Bus. & Tech Sr. Analyst. Please suggest what responsibilities would fetch me exxperience points?

Queries
1) Will responsibilities as Analyst Programmer help me to get 5 points for experience?
2) Considering I have software developer, analyst programmer and Businsess analyst experience throught, please let me know which roles and responsibilities will get me to the require mark of 65 or 70 and enable a faster invite?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is timeline the following:

1.) Engineering in IT
2.) Then you worked as Developer for 2 years 3 months
3.) MBA in finance 2 years
4.) Then worked as BA for 2 years 9 months

if it is the above, and lets say you apply for ACS with the following cases:

Case 1: As a Developer, with MBA, your requirement met date will be after you completed MBA, and 2 years from BA deducted, so giving you 9 months experience --- no points

Case 2: As a BA, with MBA, same as above -- no points

Case 3: As a Developer or BA, without MBA i.e you will not disclose to ACS that you have done MBA.
In this case your requirement met date would be satisfied by the first job deducting 2 years giving out ----
---- 3 months experience from 1st job
----- 2 years 9 months experience in 2nd job
---- total 3 years experience
so you will get 5 points, if you choose either BA or Developer without MBA

My personal recommendation: DONT ... this might bite you in the back someday

Just apply with your existing points, just try to improve your PTE score which will give you 20 points thereby you will have 65 points and this is better

PS: Im pretty sure you have posted the same question in this forum with a different username and I have replied to that too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Anamica,

Thanks for your reply.

There is no question of not declaring my MBA or Engineering. I will be submitting both.
I will be trying to get 20 points for English.

What I want to ask is:

Let's take a case where I have done programming pre-MBA and post-MBA.

Why can't my first two years get deducted and last 3 years give me 5 points as MBA is irrelevant to programming?

PS: I have only one username :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think this might help you, why im saying the above cases:

Cited from ACS: https://more.acs.org.au/__data/asse...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Check Step-5: SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENT MET DATE

The Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by
the outcome of the suitability criteria.

All relevant work experience completed after the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be considered
Skilled Employment and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as Skilled Employment and
is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The ACS assessment process will seek to find the earliest Skill Level Requirement Met Date possible for
each assessment type.

Example 1 – Employment completed AFTER the qualification:

 You complete a relevant Bachelor degree with a major in ICT in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of relevant
work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement
Met Date will be Jan 2010.
 All suitable work experience completed AFTER Jan 2010 will be considered Skilled Employment and eligible
for the skilled migration points test.
 The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled
migration points test but is assessed to meet the suitability criteria.

Example 2 – Employment BEFORE the qualification:

 You complete 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2003 until Jan 2005
 You complete another 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2006 until Jan 2008
 You complete a 3 year relevant Bachelor degree in Jan 2011
 You complete a final 1 year of relevant work experience from Jan 2012 until Jan 2013
 The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be Jan 2011 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work
experience AND the relevant qualification are completed
 Only relevant work experience completed after Jan 2011 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible
for migration points test
 All work experience completed before Jan 2011 is NOT eligible for migration points test.
The Skill Level Requirement Met Date is dependent on the completion of both the relevant
qualification and relevant work experience.
If your work experience is completed before the completion date of your qualification, the Skill Level
Requirement Met Date will be determined by the earliest date that both the relevant work experience
and the qualification are completed.

Please Note: While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points
remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

I believe yours is example 2, although they are saying RELEVANT qualification, so have to ask ACS, please post here how it goes as it will help others too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts