Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I submitted my EOI for 189 and 190 subclass. By looking at the trends it seems that 65 pointers are not getting invites for 189 for Software Engineer occupation. So what are the chances for 190? How that works? I choosed Victoria as preferred state.

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
I submitted my EOI for 189 and 190 subclass. By looking at the trends it seems that 65 pointers are not getting invites for Software Engineer occupation. So what are the chances for 190? How that works? I choosed Victoria as preferred state.
Under 189 With 65 points you have chance of getting invite, but with a delay

You have done your part by choosing Vic under 190
Wait patiently
If they like your EOI, they will send you a preinvite, after which you will have 14 days to apply to them with all papers and documents and if they like that also, they will send you the final nomination

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I submitted my EOI for 189 and 190 subclass. By looking at the trends it seems that 65 pointers are not getting invites for Software Engineer occupation. So what are the chances for 190? How that works? I choosed Victoria as preferred state.

Wait patiently
If they like your EOI, they will send you a preinvite, after which you will have 14 days to apply to them with all papers and documents and if they like that also, they will send you the final nomination

Cheers
Okay. One last question. As i selected Vic as a preferred state so should i expect a nomination from Vic only or any state can nominate me?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wait patiently

Cheers
Okay. One last question. As i selected Vic as a preferred state so should i expect a nomination from Vic only or nomination can come from any state?

·
Registered
45 Posts
189 & 190

I submitted my EOI for 189 and 190 subclass. By looking at the trends it seems that 65 pointers are not getting invites for 189 for Software Engineer occupation. So what are the chances for 190? How that works? I choosed Victoria as preferred state.

190 is the state sponsored visa. If you get invite from Victoria state then you will get additional 5 points . HOwever the invite depends on lot of factors as occupation you have selected, remaining visa applications etc.

Try increasing your points.

·
Registered
45 Posts
190 is the state sponsored visa. If you get invite from Victoria state then you will get additional 5 points . HOwever the invite depends on lot of factors as occupation you have selected, remaining visa applications etc.

Try increasing your points.

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
Okay. One last question. As i selected Vic as a preferred state so should i expect a nomination from Vic only or nomination can come from any state?
As you have selected VIC, only VIC can nominate you

If you are interested in other states also, then either change your 190 to any state or file individual 190 application for each state

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts