Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to deal with not honest landlords? I have a very bad experience dealing with a landlord at 15th Paris ;-) 2 months after leaving the apartment - still waiting for my depo back ;-(. Any ideas? Should I go and visit a Police?

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Contact ADIL for that area.

Has the landlord told you why he won't return the deposit?

hils

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. The carpet is dirty... well the carpet was promised to be change 3 years ago - since was dirty before I moved in - never done. Now I was asked about this. My landlord is not honest - but I have all documents. I think the best way would be to visit POLICE and infom the real estate agency about his behaviour.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Was that not marked down in your Etat de Lieu ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
electricity contract/tenancy agreement

I'm renting a brand new flat. When I signed the tenancy agreement I was given a copy of the état des lieux in which are recorded the meter readings for both electricity and water (there is no gas in the flat) on the day I moved in. However, when I subscribed my EDF contract I learned that there was no previous electricity contract at my address and that I had to pay an extra 22 Eur due to "frais de 1ere mise en service". In total I paid about 49 Eur for the EDF subscription alone and I'm liable to pay all the consumption starting from 0 kWh...

When I signed the tenancy agreement I presumed that there was already an electricity contract for the property because the meter readings were recorded in the etat des lieux.
I already had electricity at home and ERDF didn't need to send any technician to start my contract with EDF - apparently one had already been there but I was the one to pay the bill.

My question is: can I get reimbursed for the consumption registered upon the état des lieux and/or les frais de 1ere mise en service?

Many thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.