Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I wonder has anyone else come across this before? I responded by email to an advertisment on Leboncoin for a furnished apartment in Nancy centre, that was about 5 days ago. I got a response soon afterwards saying that the ladys daughter had moved to be with her in Paris, hence the available apartment. I responded asking to view. Then today at around 5pm she emailed, a huge e-mail, basically saying something about an urgent cash mandate, basically. I gather it's that I won't waste her time, proving that I am serious before she makes the effort to come all the way from Paris, and that it is done through the PO and so won't actually be taken from me unless I agree to rent the apartment.
Anyways, I've tried forwarding it a few times to a French colleague but it keeps being bounced back. The advert is no longer on Leboncoin. Just wondering if this is a scam, one which some of you are probably well aware of? Can't find anything on Google about this in France. Thanks.:confused:

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Haven't encountered anything like this, but it does sound dodgy to me. I think you're right to be wary. You could try phoning the local Mairie/Gendarmerie to see if they know anything about this woman or otherwise to alert them to a potential fraud.

H

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.