Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

We are doing some research for a possible job offer at EK.
Need all the help I can get and have some questions:

1. Are there any specific ares that the EK offers accommodation for Single FOs?

2. What are the houses like? Does anyone have any pics?

Thanks!!

G

·
Hi
I am ex EK cabin crew

It depends on you whether you want a company provided accommodation or want to take a housing allowance and live where ever you like .

They have specific areas where crew are given accommodation and you can pick from these locations there is sheikh zayed road (Popular for single :)) /silicon oasis/greens /garhoud etc...
Company provided accommodation in (apartment buildings)have a lot of restrictions no visitors after a certain time etc..etc...(they will inform you of all rules and regulations)
Villas are a better options (I am not sure if they provide that for single FO)

if you choose to not live in company accommodation you have a housing allowance to live where ever you like in Dubai.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Zana and thanks for the info.

The idea is to get in company accommodation at first and if not satisfied opt out of company accommodation search ourselves. For now we are trying to get an idea of what fo's are offered. Do u know if there are any pics available on any sites??
Thanks!!

G

·
Hi,

I have never come across any sites that would give that kind of info as to where crew live or their apartments.
However i can tell you that the quality of accommodation and facilities offered are good
pool/gym/Free electricity /accommodation are partially furnished:)

Maybe you can try the EK crew face book page and see if you can connect with an FO their.

Hi Zana and thanks for the info.

The idea is to get in company accommodation at first and if not satisfied opt out of company accommodation search ourselves. For now we are trying to get an idea of what fo's are offered. Do u know if there are any pics available on any sites??
Thanks!!

·
Banned
423 Posts
As an ex employee (a long time ago) of EK, once you have been given company accom they make it incredibly hard to leave it, also don't look at just one place, when i was there (same grade as FO) the accom allowance wasn't enough to cover a villa 0 if i recall it was around 10k/month, and places in Jumeriah were more than that.

Don't let them boss you about!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi
We're in company accom in a great location and we're really happy with the villa. If you have family you'll get a villa if you're married with no children you get an apartment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Scottishnewbie thanks for the reply.

Reg appts for FOs without family, does the company have certain areas that locates them? Or is it random? How do the apts look like?

Thanks!

·
Banned
423 Posts
Thanks Toon!
What do u mean they make hard do leave???
Cos they want you to stay there, and I ended up getting my Senior VP on my side to sort it out, then I could choose what i wanted, but the place they put me in in Bur Dubai was awful. Simply awful, however I didn't know did I, I was fresh off the plane from LHR (admittedly in first but still).

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
If you don't know about PPrunes, then I suggest you have a look at that. Basically, aside from the crew having a bit of a moan, you will find a huge about of information on the EK section. Generally, to my knowledge, single staff, regardless of their rank, don't get villas. In terms of apartments, generally they have whole buildings, some of which are like party central. For someone coming over, it's probably better to take their accommodation till you get on your feet, but - once you move out, there's no going back....

·
Banned
423 Posts
;)I personally know the head trainer for 777s, he (and his lovely wife and brat kid) live in Silicon Oasis, they have a great villa.

However, he's British, is a Captain (and chief Captain trainer bloke) on Boeings.

You'll get an apartment, there's a number of buildings near Babylos, can't recall the area, is it now called Tecom?

Anyways, they're ok, and there are perks of the job -as you know....;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.