Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through reading threads here I have come up with a few Questions.

I will be putting on our app that we will be staying with my parents until we find our own place. They are letting us stay rent free so I have pretty much my entire £1000 (+depending on extra shifts) wage a month free.

They have provided her mortgage statement (original) 6 months worth of bills (gas, leccy and phone) and the last years worth of council tax reciepts. She will also write a supporting letter stating that we can live there rent free etc.

Do i need anything else? I have read on several posts that people have land registry docs and title deeds. As she is still paying her mortgage we dont have the title deed. What is a land registry doc? (may be a stupid question but ive never heard of it before)

Should I gather any other evidence before we apply? Do i need to include anything else from my parents? Will they be co sponsers since we are staying with them or can i just keep it as me sponsering my fiance?

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
Through reading threads here I have come up with a few Questions.

I will be putting on our app that we will be staying with my parents until we find our own place. They are letting us stay rent free so I have pretty much my entire £1000 (+depending on extra shifts) wage a month free.

They have provided her mortgage statement (original) 6 months worth of bills (gas, leccy and phone) and the last years worth of council tax reciepts. She will also write a supporting letter stating that we can live there rent free etc.

Do i need anything else? I have read on several posts that people have land registry docs and title deeds. As she is still paying her mortgage we dont have the title deed. What is a land registry doc? (may be a stupid question but ive never heard of it before)

Should I gather any other evidence before we apply? Do i need to include anything else from my parents? Will they be co sponsers since we are staying with them or can i just keep it as me sponsering my fiance?
You have enough documentary proofs. On application form, they will ask how many rooms the property has, how many bedrooms and how many people will be living. They normally take your word for it, but if they are suspicious, they can demand independent evidence such as a report from local housing dept or surveyor. I suggest you take photographs of all the bedrooms and enclose them and a floor plan. If they still have papers from when they bought the house, there may be one from the estate agent so just send that in plus photocopy.

Your parents are external sponsors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have enough documentary proofs. On application form, they will ask how many rooms the property has, how many bedrooms and how many people will be living. They normally take your word for it, but if they are suspicious, they can demand independent evidence such as a report from local housing dept or surveyor. I suggest you take photographs of all the bedrooms and enclose them and a floor plan. If they still have papers from when they bought the house, there may be one from the estate agent so just send that in plus photocopy.

Your parents are external sponsors.
Thanks bunches Joppa

Seems just as I stop worrying about one part a new area comes up and attacks me :p

So as external sponsers do i need to supply bank statements and such like from them or will the housing stuff and letter suffice?

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
Thanks bunches Joppa

Seems just as I stop worrying about one part a new area comes up and attacks me :p

So as external sponsers do i need to supply bank statements and such like from them or will the housing stuff and letter suffice?
No, because they aren't offering money or acting as safety net. They are just offering free accommodation until you get a place of your own. So evidence concerning housing is enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.