Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've gone through post after post on the site with lots of discussions of where to live. I'll be living somewhere in Abu Dhabi.

I realize that a lot of people have made it clear that getting the nice downtown apartments just cost lots of money, but honestly that's not the type of thing for which I would want to pay the extra money.

Some of the areas like Khalifa A or even B seem to look fine to me. Is there a reason that these areas tend to be somewhat ignored or bashed on the board? Dubizzle has several of these villa-to-flat places listed *significantly* less expensively than living in the main city.

Is the commute that bad? What would be the time for Khalifa A to center of Abu Dhabi by car during standard-to-bad traffic (i.e. the drive I'd be making to work every day)?

Finally a US-specific question that won't make a bit of sense to non-US: with our tax laws, if I get a housing allowance but don't use it, it's salary, but do I need to actually spend these large amounts to use the foreign-housing-tax-credit?

I solemnly promise that I did read hundreds of posts before asking these questions, so if you respond asking me if I read them or saying other posts have addressed these, please include the appropriate link to these other forums.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Evok

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.