Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a housing inspection done via the local council as the house is shared. The council called me the day after I submitted the form and payment of £100 and carried out the inspection the day after that, with a letter received the day after confirming no overcrowding - very efficient. Except they did spell my fiancé's name incorrectly so I have requested a re-print, which they are happy to do. I also have the land registry documents and a letter of no objection from the homeowner. I have a utility bill in my name.

Should the utility bill be in the homeowner's name and not mine?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Are you renting a room or are you staying with friends or family. If staying with friends or family you need a council tax or utility bill in their name to prove that they live there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you renting a room or are you staying with friends or family. If staying with friends or family you need a council tax or utility bill in their name to prove that they live there.
I live with a family member, the house is owned. I will get a council tax bill/ utility bill in their name and not in mine. Thank you very much. Definitely worth asking the question over getting a refusal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.