Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We shall be moving to Australia in June inshallah...

I was just surfing around to find information on Govt. housing facility for new migrant.. is there anything like that :p if so please share.

regards
ali

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Ali:

No, this sort of housing does not exist in AU for new migrants.

Gov't housing is mainly for disadvantaged people and even then there is quite a large waiting list from what I've read.

Hi,

We shall be moving to Australia in June inshallah...

I was just surfing around to find information on Govt. housing facility for new migrant.. is there anything like that :p if so please share.

regards
ali

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ali:

No, this sort of housing does not exist in AU for new migrants.

Gov't housing is mainly for disadvantaged people and even then there is quite a large waiting list from what I've read.
Thanks amaslam,

i wanna ask can a family of 5 (children 7,3,1) will survive in sydney or close suburbs for $2500/- a month? because i was planning to bring 6 months reserves with me ...

regards
ali

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Ali:

I think it's too little. Housing alone will eat up at least 500/wk (I assume you will be renting a 3 BR). Then food costs will be at least $100/wk, and of course there are other expenses like transportation, utilities (telephone, electricity).

I think you should check out the stickies again and price out a list of things:
housing
transport
school
utilities
internet
telephone
medical

You could probably post a new thread after you have some numbers and then ask if they are valid. Be more specific and you can get a more accurate reply.

Thanks amaslam,

i wanna ask can a family of 5 (children 7,3,1) will survive in sydney or close suburbs for $2500/- a month? because i was planning to bring 6 months reserves with me ...

regards
ali

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ali:

I think it's too little. Housing alone will eat up at least 500/wk (I assume you will be renting a 3 BR). Then food costs will be at least $100/wk, and of course there are other expenses like transportation, utilities (telephone, electricity).

I think you should check out the stickies again and price out a list of things:
housing
transport
school
utilities
internet
telephone
medical

You could probably post a new thread after you have some numbers and then ask if they are valid. Be more specific and you can get a more accurate reply.
Thanks so much sir for the info, I dont need 3 BR, 2BR is enough for us and hoping to get somewhere around $350 a week, in food costs there is no cutting, so $100/wk will do :)

I'll search as you advised... thank you very much amaslam...

god bless
ali

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ali

A friend is in Melbourne (suburbs) and pays 900/month for a 2 room accommodation. they are about an hour from the CBD. it isnt impossible to find cheap accommodation, you can but always keep a buffer.. take as much as you can so that you are not in a situation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ali

A friend is in Melbourne (suburbs) and pays 900/month for a 2 room accommodation. they are about an hour from the CBD. it isnt impossible to find cheap accommodation, you can but always keep a buffer.. take as much as you can so that you are not in a situation.
thank you so much anj...
very valuable info... i shall be taking enough monies.. :)

if you find more pls do post

thanks again

ali

1 - 7 of 7 Posts