Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Yet another question!
Okay, so I've a chance at getting what seems to be a pretty good apartment, pretty good rent in a good area. The catch? Well, perhaps not unusual for France, they seem to want a three year or so lease. Now my work contract is only for two years and in my line business I may have to actually leave in less than two years.

My question, what happens if I really hate the place, or indeed am leaving the country, can I get out of the contract early? I've read from another source that if you give at least three months written notice (by registered letter, to make sure it's received), then you can leave early. Just wondering if this is true and are there any comebacks if I do leave early. Thanks

Still green!
:eyebrows:

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
Basically, that's it - three months' notice by registered letter and you can break the lease. There are a few cases where you can do so with only 30 days' notice, most notably a change in job that takes you out of the area or a job transfer.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, that's it - three months' notice by registered letter and you can break the lease. There are a few cases where you can do so with only 30 days' notice, most notably a change in job that takes you out of the area or a job transfer.
Cheers,
Bev
Brill, cheers Bev :clap2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.