Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do one claim housing benifit inc council tax if my partner is on no recourse to public funds? Im british and so is my kid who is of 2 years.

Is there a section when filling out the form to exclude my partner? Or do i make claim as single parent although we are married?

Please let me know

·
Registered
258 Posts
There will be a section about your partner, you MUST mention that they have no recourse to public funds. If there is not a specific question, put it in the comments section.

You run the risk of being found out if you don't and having to pay back the money and a criminal conviction.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be a section about your partner, you MUST mention that they have no recourse to public funds. If there is not a specific question, put it in the comments section.

You run the risk of being found out if you don't and having to pay back the money and a criminal conviction.
Yes but how do I know that the council i apply to have made a note of it? What proof do I have if ive been honest and told them? What do I have to back me up if they make a mistake and treat my partner as eligible to claim?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.