Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience of swapping houses ? We have found someone willing to swap, their house in France to our house in England. The prices are equal and no further cash adjustment is necessary. Besides the notaire fees and government taxes what other costs could be possible? There are no estate agents involved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anybody have any experience of swapping houses ? We have found someone willing to swap, their house in France to our house in England. The prices are equal and no further cash adjustment is necessary. Besides the notaire fees and government taxes what other costs could be possible? There are no estate agents involved.
Hi Maggie, it's a very interesting concept, I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on how to go about your move.

I would be interested in how you progress though. I run a writers website and an article or diary on how you progress would be very interesting reading, and also be a great guide for others considering a house swap.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Maggie, it's a very interesting concept, I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on how to go about your move.

I would be interested in how you progress though. I run a writers website and an article or diary on how you progress would be very interesting reading, and also be a great guide for others considering a house swap.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Mike
Thank you. I will try to keep you in mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bonjour, thinking of searching for someone in north of England willing to consider house swop for our house in southern France. Anyone out there with knowledge how to go about this process?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bonjour, thinking of searching for someone in north of England willing to consider house swop for our house in southern France. Anyone out there with knowledge how to go about this process?
I did consider this process and found several properties with owners willing to swap. But did not proceed because none of the properties were close to Lyon where I wanted to be. (I am in the North of England)

·
Registered
22 Posts
We are like you and hoping to swap from england to france and we have never been to france so we hope things go alright for you, and for us. Please let us know how you get on or maby give us a few tips.:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.