Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long time getting to this stage but we are finally here
Went to estate agent today and get home report and pics taken on Monday.
Houses selling pretty quick here at the moment so hopefully we will be in Spain for Christmas
Im all excited lol

Jane xxx

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
good luck

we have had our house on the Market for a few days now, we have a viewing on saturday. I am not getting too excited yet though, I fully expect a sale to take several months although like you fingers crossed sold by xmas:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congratulations Janeym8 & cabio, we know the feeling well.

We have been here in Spain for almost a year now and are in the midst of buying our own property. We have had enough of renting.

We should be in our own place just before Christmas.

Exciting times eh? Break out the cava :D

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Its been a long time getting to this stage but we are finally here
Went to estate agent today and get home report and pics taken on Monday.
Houses selling pretty quick here at the moment so hopefully we will be in Spain for Christmas
Im all excited lol

Jane xxx
I went like this :jaw:when I saw your post. Sell the house before Christmas???
It's nothing to do with your situation, but there are 2 houses on my own street that have been for sale for years, 3 or 4 at least. Some friends of mine are getting divorced, but what do they do about the house? They haven't got a hope in hell of selling it.
Differences between Spain and UK:)

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
It's nothing to do with your situation, but there are 2 houses on my own street that have been for sale for years, 3 or 4 at least. Some friends of mine are getting divorced, but what do they do about the house? They haven't got a hope in hell of selling it.
LOL

I agree, we are now of the opinion that the move to Spain, will happen when it happens, we HOPE to sell this year but we are also aware that for all the British medias offerings about green shoots etc, a house will only sell if someone wants it and will only sell at a price that someone wants to pay. For us the biggest thing was the decision to go followed by the where to go, now we are in the lap of the Gods:drum:

HAving said all the sensible stuff.................I do hope someone loves my house and buys it quickly;)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
If you sell your house in the UK in the same year that you become tax resident in Spain then, unless you buy a house in Spain pretty quickly, the profit you made on the UK house sale may well be liable for tax in Spain.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Houses in the UK (at least around here) are selling quite quickly at the moment. There are loads of sold signs up. Like anywhere, it depends on quality but theres a hell of a lot more chance of you selling quickly in the Uk at the moment than there is in Spain :D

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Houses in the UK (at least around here) are selling quite quickly at the moment. There are loads of sold signs up. Like anywhere, it depends on quality but theres a hell of a lot more chance of you selling quickly in the Uk at the moment than there is in Spain :D
Yes, of course I don't know what the situation is in the UK, but it was just a shock, really a shock that someone could write that!
Hope things start to shift around here. It's got to the point where people have to renew their For Sale signs 'cos they've got too shabby!!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
thought you were in Spain I am confused

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
If you sell your house in the UK in the same year that you become tax resident in Spain then, unless you buy a house in Spain pretty quickly, the profit you made on the UK house sale may well be liable for tax in Spain.
Yes, of course I don't know what the situation is in the UK, but it was just a shock, really a shock that someone could write that!
Hope things start to shift around here. It's got to the point where people have to renew their For Sale signs 'cos they've got too shabby!!
I was in Spain .... did you not read the thread in La Tasca I put up HERE
off to read now x

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Stupid me, yes I have read the thread, Apologies Strav.... Size 10 feet as usual xxxx

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
OMG
we have had our first viewing and an Offer:D

We turned it down:(

They are going back to the agent on Monday with a higher offer:D

Early days, but house not even advertised yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Houses are shifting once again in the UK and prices are on the UP :) and just when I thought I'd not buy anymore............
early days but the house has been on the market for 24 hours!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Sounds like the agent might have priced it too low
Not the agents price, ours, at the end of the day, if we are happy with the price and it sells great, after all the house is only worth what someone will pay

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm almost in the same position as Cambio and also hope I can get mine sold before Christmas as well.

All of the agents I've spoken to so far don't see that as too much of a problem as long as I get it on the market by the first week in October. I'm just finishing things off at the moment ready to go on the market.

All the agents are pretty upbeat at the moment and most of them seem to have a real shortage of supply versus demand. There's far more potential buyers than there are properties available. Properties are selling within 6-8 weeks for pretty close to their asking prices and in some instances for more!

I'm not sure if that's just where I am (Surrey) but the market really seems to be moving at the moment, it's a good time to be selling, despite forecasts prices could still rise by 10% over the next 2-3 years. Maybe that's why people are getting in now, before prices rise even higher!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
I'm almost in the same position as Cambio and also hope I can get mine sold before Christmas as well.

All of the agents I've spoken to so far don't see that as too much of a problem as long as I get it on the market by the first week in October. I'm just finishing things off at the moment ready to go on the market.

All the agents are pretty upbeat at the moment and most of them seem to have a real shortage of supply versus demand. There's far more potential buyers than there are properties available. Properties are selling within 6-8 weeks for pretty close to their asking prices and in some instances for more!

I'm not sure if that's just where I am (Surrey) but the market really seems to be moving at the moment, it's a good time to be selling, despite forecasts prices could still rise by 10% over the next 2-3 years. Maybe that's why people are getting in now, before prices rise even higher!

Good luck with your sale x

1 - 20 of 23 Posts