Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to send off all my documents for my UK spouse visa to Sheffield, my main concern right now is we could not get a house inspection. The council played around with our documents for so long we were eventually forced to apply without it because of the 28 day rule, and we still have not received it yet. Me and my sponsor ( husband ) will be living in his parents home, which they fully own.they have written a letter saying both me amd my husband will be allowed to stay there rent free, that they and the applicants brother are the only others living on the property, and that it is a 4 bedroom property. will we be okay without the inspection?

·
Registered
171 Posts
We did not submit an inspection report a few years ago when we were in the same position. But we did send in photocopy of title deed, ( you can get this on the internet), a couple of bills in parents name to prove they owned and lived at the property, and the letter you have already mentioned.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I am getting ready to send off all my documents for my UK spouse visa to Sheffield, my main concern right now is we could not get a house inspection. The council played around with our documents for so long we were eventually forced to apply without it because of the 28 day rule, and we still have not received it yet. Me and my sponsor ( husband ) will be living in his parents home, which they fully own.they have written a letter saying both me amd my husband will be allowed to stay there rent free, that they and the applicants brother are the only others living on the property, and that it is a 4 bedroom property. will we be okay without the inspection?
You should have sent a Record of the Land registry entry or Property Title Deed, and a Council Tax Bill.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are sending a copy and originals of land registry, title deed to show they have paid off the house in full, council tax, utility bills, house insurance etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.