Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am in the process of applying for spouse visa for my wife. My sister and brother in law (BIL) has offered us to stay in their house (3 bed rooms) once my wife comes to UK. I have their verbal as well as written consent for it. I am also planning to do house inspection report on their house. So my questions are:-

1. Is verbal and written agreement from my sister and BIL enough or should I need some sort of tenancy agreement ?
2. For the house inspection report, they are offering to do remote inspection, I am wondering if that (remote inspection) would be accepted by home office or not?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all, I am in the process of applying for spouse visa for my wife. My sister and brother in law (BIL) has offered us to stay in their house (3 bed rooms) once my wife comes to UK. I have their verbal as well as written consent for it. I am also planning to do house inspection report on their house. So my questions are:-

1. Is verbal and written agreement from my sister and BIL enough or should I need some sort of tenancy agreement ?
2. For the house inspection report, they are offering to do remote inspection, I am wondering if that (remote inspection) would be accepted by home office or not?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Since all of you will be family members so no property inspection will be needed. But you will have to attach the other essential documents such as no objection letter, mortgage statement and home ownership documents etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts