Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum
Hope someone can help we own a house in France that flooded 8 yrs ago it's been in the hands of the court for all this time we had a small loan with indemnity now our case has finshed and the court have given us back our house and it will be our main residence can the bank still come after us for the loan and are we still on the banque de France or is it cleared after a set time as we would like to fix the problem and move back in
Many thanks

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Sorry to hear about your soggy state of affairs!

I suggest you talk to to your bank "directeur" (with appointment, bien sûr!). He /she will have the papers necessary to find your position.

DejW

Hi new to the forum
Hope someone can help we own a house in France that flooded 8 yrs ago it's been in the hands of the court for all this time we had a small loan with indemnity now our case has finshed and the court have given us back our house and it will be our main residence can the bank still come after us for the loan and are we still on the banque de France or is it cleared after a set time as we would like to fix the problem and move back in
Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi thanks for that it's more of a pret personal than a loan it just been so many years since we lived in France because the house became uninhabitable and we went though the court system 3 times to get were we are now so I don't really want to lose the house after all we have been though as they have only just released it back to us it was just more looking for some hope as I have read because it is our main residence the bank can't take the house from us is this right ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts