Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wont be long till John and I will be in Cyprus. I have been looking on some sites for houses. Can you's tell me of any areas we should keep away from while house hunting. I have also seen a house we like in an area called Drousia, we have never been there. Can anyone tell me what Drousia is like please.

Thanks Janet

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi

Wont be long till John and I will be in Cyprus. I have been looking on some sites for houses. Can you's tell me of any areas we should keep away from while house hunting. I have also seen a house we like in an area called Drousia, we have never been there. Can anyone tell me what Drousia is like please.

Thanks Janet
Small village - very high up so stunning views, but snow possible in Winter

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Drousia is absolutely freezing in the winter as cold winds come off the Akamas. It also gets a lot of mist and fog.
We had clients a few years ago who had their heart set on a house in Drousia. We recommended against it as they had a young child and we warned them about the cold and mists. They still wanted to see it though and when they came over in April we took them there. It was perishing and while we were there a very thick fog came down. Needless to stay they agreed with us that it was not the place to be with a young child and they bought elsewhere :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts